Under the direction of the Center Education Coordinator, this position is responsible for providing comprehensive services in compliance with program guidelines, policies and procedures, preparing lesson and activity plans, integrating the curriculum into the overall education program, assessing and screening children's learning and conducting assessments, establishing Individual Learning Plans, maintaining active supervision of children, communicating and working with parents on children's development, and conducting home visits and parent conferences.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Responsible for the development of weekly lesson plan in accordance with an approved curriculum.
- Implements daily classroom schedules and activities.
- Assists children with social and emotional development by providing positive guidance.
- Facilitates parents and volunteers professional development through orientation, modeling, coaching, mentoring and providing opportunities to practice skills.
- Coordinates the Head Start classroom environment by integrating information and services from all Head Start Service areas and community partners
- Ensures an attractive, safe, and healthy learning environment.
- Ensures appropriate health and safety practices in the classroom by conducting the childrens daily informal health checks
- Responsible for setting up and conducting at least two home visits and two center conferences annually, and generating the centers parent newsletter.
- Is available at least one evening per month, and/or as needed to assist with Center Parent Meetings, conferences and home visits.
- Maintains, updates, and appropriately follows through on all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Observes each child on a regular basis in all areas to establish an Individual Learning Plan (ILP), writing specific goals to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Utilizes Teaching Strategies Gold online as assessment tool.
- Attends required training and meetings designated through training assessments.
- Responsible for maintaining childrens classroom files, equipment, and supplies, personal credentials and training records.
- Must be able to relate to and communicate with people of varying multi-ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, or
- Bachelors degree in a related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education
- Six months experience in an early childhood setting required
- Experience with Early Childhood Special Education preferred.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- A valid drivers license and reliable transportation on a daily basis is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and capable of reacting to the demands of active 3-5 year olds or developing infants and toddlers.
BA/BS $15.69/hr, (Bil $16.08/hr)
MA/MS $16.66/hr, (Bil $17.08/hr)
M-F, Seasonal -10 months/year
Job Posting Dates
Open until filled
Community Action offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, 403(b) retirement account, generous vacation/pto policy, and employee discount programs.