Plans, delivers and evaluates instruction based upon specific standards and objectives established by CCPS. Assists students in learning knowledge and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible citizens.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum content to students.
- Plans, teaches and assesses writing.
- Assesses students’ learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs.
- Uses the curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional activities.
- Maintains order within the classroom setting in accordance with division guidelines regarding student behavior management.
- Supervises students in non-classroom time (before school, after school, student activities, fire drills).
- Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to students.
- Communicates regularly with parents.
- Ensures compliance with existing applicable federal and state statutes and local policies, regulations and guidelines related to public schools.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- Performs other duties as established by School Board Policy.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Requires knowledge of the concepts, principals and methodologies of instruction as well as general knowledge of academic curriculum for assigned classes. Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals to design and deliver instruction and to assess students’ learning. Demonstrated ability to communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability in decision making, problem analysis, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships, and planning.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accepted institution.
- Possession of the requirements for the applicable teacher license.
In addition to the on-line application, teacher applicants are required to submit:
Both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Applicants must submit two (2) references as a part of their application package. Applicants with zero years teaching experience should submit references from their cooperating teacher and university supervisor. Applicants with recent teaching experience must provide references from principals and/or superintendents from all contracted teaching experiences within the past three (3) years. If experience is not within the past three (3) years, references from the last contracted work experience should be provided. The teacher reference form may be accessed via the link below. link below.
Teacher Reference form
Copy of Teaching license
Complete Application Package
Applications for teaching positions will not be evaluated until complete packets, to include transcripts, teaching licenses, teacher assessment scores (Praxis II, etc.), and references are received. To expedite application review, these documents may be scanned and attached to the on-line application. The documents may also be mailed or hand delivered to:
Chesterfield County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
9900 Krause Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test