Post high school education required
1-2 years experience is required
The Teacher position is responsible for assisting the other teaching staff or may be in charge of the care, supervision, health and safety of children in one specific age group or multi-age groupings. Works with other teaching staff and at times alone (in the absence of the Lead Teacher) to plan, and implement programs and activities that meet the guidelines and standards of Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Child and Adult Care Food Program ( CACFP), and the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs (NAEYC) coordinates with other teaching staff in the care, organization, and cleanliness of the indoor/outdoor equipment.
- Participates in the assessment of children and the development of age-appropriate activities.
- P rovides a safe, clean, healthy and organized physical environment per Child and Adult Care Food Program ( CACFP) and Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS).
- Maintains communication with parents, children, and coworkers.
- Practices appropriate guidance, and discipline techniques as outlined by ADHS and NAEYC to ensure that children are cared for and respected and safe at all times.
- Communicates clearly and tactfully, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, parents and other customers.
- Seeks assistance from in charge staff such as lead teacher or coordinator to proof read written communication before sending it home to parents, etc.
- May act as daily coordinator for the center on a rotating basis as assigned.
- Coordinates staffing by ensuring that teacher/child ratios are in compliance at all times.
- Plans for staffing for the following day.
*All of the above certifications, licenses, and/or registrations must be renewed by the expiration date, in order to remain in compliance.
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND Successful completion of a minimum of 12 hours of early childhood education from an accredited college.
- 1-2 years childcare experience with children in a professional group care setting.
- Current CPR – Adult, Children, and Infant, within 1 month of date of hire into position, AND Current Child Care First Aid within 1 month of date of hire into position AND Current Arizona Dept. of Health Services Fingerprint Clearance Card (Will be finger printed first day of work if no current clearance card. Must renew every 3 years and remain in compliance), AND Food Handlers card required within 7 days of employment.
- Must satisfy all of the above requirements in addition to having at least 2 years Teacher or Lead Teacher experience at Lincoln Learning Center .
John C. Lincoln Health Network - 21 months ago
John C. Lincoln Health Network is an acclaimed health system that includes two hospitals, physician practices, community outreach programs...