Under the direction of the Center Manager, this position is responsible for providing comprehensive educational services to preschool children with mental health diagnoses in a mental health day treatment setting. Responsibilities include preparing lesson and activity plans, integrating the curriculum into the day treatment milieu, assessing and screening children's learning and conducting assessments, establishing Individual Learning Plans (ILP) in coordination with the mental health treatment plan, maintaining active supervision of children, communicating and working with parents on children's development, collaborating with the classroom team of mental health staff, and conducting home visits and parent conferences.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive)
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a weekly therapeutic-educational lesson plan within the guidelines of the program curriculum.
- Design a safe and attractive learning environment ensuring guidelines are met and active supervision is maintained at all times.
- Observes each child on a regular basis in all areas to establish an Individual Learning Plan (ILP), writing specific goals to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Monitor and assess childrens progress in all developmental domains, in coordination with the mental health treatment plan.
- Work in collaboration with the integrated classroom mental health team to meet the social, emotional, behavioral, and educational goals of the children as outlined on the ILP and mental health treatment plan.
- Maintain timely and accurate reports and documentation of progress for each student, as required by the program.
- Responsible for setting up and conducting at least two home visits and two center conferences annually.
- Is available at least one evening per month, and/or as needed to assist with Center Parent Meetings, conferences and home visits.
- Maintain, update, and appropriately follow through on all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Attend required training and meetings designated through training assessments.
- Responsible for maintaining childrens classroom files, equipment, and supplies.
- Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, or Bachelors degree in a related field with coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education.
- Six months experience in an early childhood setting required.
- A valid drivers license and reliable transportation required.
- Experience with Early Childhood Special Education or therapeutic preschool setting highly preferred.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-placement Head Start physical exam.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and capable of reacting to the demands of active 3-5 year old children.
- Must be able to relate to and communicate with people of varying multi-ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
This is a full year position.
Schedule: Monday Thursday, 40 hours per week.
Salary: $15.69 BA/BS degree, $16.66/hour MA/MS degree
Job Posting Dates: April 11, 2013 - April 28, 2013
Community Action offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, disablity and life insurance, 403(b) retirment plan, generous vacation/PTO and employee discount programs.
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties - 23 months ago