Devereux's Children's Behavioral Health Services is seeking a Full-time Certified Teacher at their Mapleton Campus, located in Malvern, PA. A Certified Teacher at Devereux plans and implements the effective instruction to assigned students by planning and preparing lesson plans, establishing a supportive learning environment, delivering instruction, assessing student progress, and providing guidance for support staff.
Additional responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Prepares lesson plans to include content and instructional goals, incorporating student knowledge and abilities based on test scores and state standards.
- Instructs students in academic areas by engaging students in learning, using a variety of presentation techniques, teaching relevant content, providing specific and timely feedback to students, and assessing progress.
- Utilizes appropriate and approved therapeutic interaction skills with clients (e.g., New Directions techniques in areas to include praise, making requests, warnings, and facilitating transitions) and School-Wide Positive Behavior Support.
- Provides guidance and direction to support staff by sharing information, delegating responsibilities, providing feedback and training, and engaging staff in planning and scheduling tasks and activities.
- Effectively communicates student progress to parents/guardians and home school district, responds to parental concerns and engages the family in the instructional process.
- Develops standards based IEP’s and completes all documentation effectively and in a timely manner (i.e. report cards, progress notes/reports, ESI’s). etc.
- Utilizes crisis physical intervention techniques appropriate to the degree of threat to the safety of the student and others and in accordance with Devereux’s Safe and Positive Approaches (SPA) intervention standards
Devereux is a leading non profit behavioral health organization that supports many of the most under served and vulnerable members of our communities. Founded in 1912 by Helena Devereux, we operate a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of individuals and families every year. We help empower children and adults with intellectual, emotional, developmental, and behavioral challenges to lead fulfilling and rewarding lives. Our Philosophy of Care operates under the core principles of Individualized Services; Effective and Accountable Services; and Positive, Behavioral Approaches.
The primary purpose of Devereux is to provide quality service to those entrusted to our care by their families, guardians, agencies, and other designated parties. The most critical resource we have to accomplish this task is our employees. No intervention can be implemented without the assistance of competent employees who are physically and mentally prepared to carry out this tremendous responsibility.
For this reason, in addition to a competitive salary, Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare benefits program to eligible full-time employees, family members, and domestic partners. Health and welfare programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services, and an Employee Assistance / Work Life Balance Program, as well as generous time-off policies, and a 403 B retirement plan. Additionally, voluntary, employee paid, Vision and Supplemental Life Insurance are available to FT employees.
**It is the intent of Devereux to continue to offer these benefits; however, we reserve the right to change or stop them at any time, with or without notice.
Education & Experience: Bachelors degree with PA Department of Education Instructional I or II Certification in an area of instruction. Experience as a Special Education Teacher preferred.
Physical Requirements: Significant amounts of walking, sitting, and standing. Some lifting and/or managing resistance required related to applying physical intervention techniques – upwards of 75-100 lbs. or more. Some repetitive wrist/hand movements, normal hearing and vision. Occasional use of computers and office equipment. Occasional driving of Devereux vehicles for business purposes. Ability to meet 100% mastery of Safe and Positive Approaches (SPA) techniques.
Work Environment: Regularly works inside areas that are adequately lighted and ventilated. Some fluctuations in temperature. Protective equipment – latex gloves, facial mask protective eyewear, gown. Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Physical involvement in exercise of SPA techniques (when required).
Core Curriculum: As required annually by licensing agencies and Devereux (organization and Center-specific modules).
Devereux - 4 months ago
Devereux is a leading nonprofit behavioral health organization that supports many of the most underserved and vulnerable members of our...