The Teacher Assistant is responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in specific areas of the curriculum. This person has direct contact with students under the supervision of a classroom teacher.
The Teacher Assistant will be paid for 6.5 hours per day. The typical day schedule is from 8:40AM - 3:40PM. Some variations in time may occur based upon the assignment. The Teacher Assistant reports to an assigned classroom teacher and the building principal.
- Applicants must have NCLB paraprofessional approval (TASN) from the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours of college coursework or an Associates degree, or passed ETS or WorkKeys tests.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Type 03 teacher certificate preferred.
District 62 has approximately 4,800 students in grades preK-8 in 8 elementary schools, 2 middle schools and 1 year-around, K-8 school. This assignment will be in one elementary school in the district.
- Work with students and teachers to provide instructional support for meeting instructional program objectives.
- Work with staff as a collaborative member of the instructional team.
- Toileting and feeding students.
- Work with students with autism.
- Work with students individually or in small groups to review, reinforce, enrich or expand upon skills or concepts presented by the classroom teacher.
- Assist the classroom teacher in maintaining classroom discipline. Alert the classroom teacher(s) to any behavioral problems that limit the students' ability to complete their assignments.
- Utilize confidential student information within school district guidelines for professional purposes only.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the building principal.
Applications are considered complete when all required items are submitted for review including: 1) an on-line application at www.d62.org/employment, 2) a letter of interest in the position, 3) unofficial copies of all college and/or university transcripts, and 4) three recent letters of recommendation from past or current professional employment. All required documents should be electronically attached to the on-line application.
All applications will be reviewed by building committee and recommended for further interview consideration. After interviews are completed, the Associate Superintendent will make a recommendation to the Board of Education via the Superintendent.
Des Plaines School District 62 - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard