Early Intervention and Early Childhood Developmental Center is expanding services. This Regional Center is seeking to add a TEACHER OF THE SPEECH LANGUAGE DISABILITIES / TSLD or TEACHER OF THE SPEECH & HEARING HANDICAPPED / TSHH to it's team. This free-standing center provides, Day Care, Preschool Classroom, Toddler Developmental Play-Groups with a special ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) classroom, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy services. Approved by the New York State Department of Education, New York State Department of Health and the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
This is a great opportunity for those seeking professional growth and who desire to work in a team of highly trained professionals. Work is performed at 20-50% at the Center and 50-80% in-home within 15 mile radius of the facility. * A GREAT MENTORING ENVIRONMENT. * Bachelor's Degree is a minimum requirement with five years to acquire a Masters Degree as required by NYS.
Lake Ontario, the St Lawrence River, the Black River, the Indian Lakes Region provide some of the best fishing, boating and sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving and whitewater rafting in the world. Winter brings lake effect snow with unparalleled snowmobiling trails, skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating, and hunting. Only a two-hour drive from Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain Ski resort and 15 minutes from Snow Ridge Ski Resort, which are among the most scenic and finest ski resorts in the world. There are 9 local golf courses to choose from.
- LOCATED in the beautiful Thousand Islands Resort Region of Northern New York State, the city of Watertown is located 35 miles south of the St. Lawrence River and the US/Canadian Border and 20 minutes east of Lake Ontario of the Great Lakes. This close proximity to Canada makes international travel to Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto by auto or air a simple trek. There is a abundance of year round outdoor recreation.
Museums and historic points of interest include the War of 1812 Battlefield in Sackets Harbor, Boldt Castle and Millionaire's Row in the Thousand Islands, the Antique Boat Museum, the Clayton Opera House, and the Jefferson County Historical Society. Watertown is the retail hub of the region, with many national chains with many shops and boutiques located throughout Jefferson County. The region is blessed with lush farmlands, miles of waterfront and acres of forests, quaint villages, a booming commercial center, and Fort Drum, home to the Army 10th Mountain Division. Watertown has a city population of 30k and the county is 111k.
Very low crime rate. The Watertown International Airport, a regional airport with service from Big Sky/Delta Connections, links Watertown to national and international airports globally. Jefferson County is the "Fastest Growing County in New York State",experiencing an unparalleled economic boom as a result of the expansion at Fort Drum. The population has grown by 5% in the past two years, housing starts are up 18% and the crime rate is very low.
6.5 hour work days / 32.5 hour work weeks. Approx. 1,690 hours per year worked. Part time hours available between 8a-4p.
- COMPENSATION ranges from $30.00 per hour Off-site is $32.00 and includes mileage. NEW GRADUATES are encouraged to apply. * JOB TYPE is Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time or Part-time, 10 or 12 month position and follows the school calendar. * WORK SCHEDULE Monday through Friday, 8am to 3pm, and up to 4pm as needed.
Modify, change, or write new programs. * Maintain records as required by law, established policies, and administrative regulations. * Participate in IFSP / Individual Family Service Plan & Meetings. * Attend meetings with the committee on pre-school special education.
- LICENSE and EDUCATION required is a application for or possession of a New York State certification as a Teacher of Speech & Hearing Handicapped. Possession of or application for TEACHER’S CERTIFICATION as a Speech Language Pathologist. A provisional license is available in NYS for up to 5 years if courses toward certification are currently being attended. * Bachelor's Degree is a minimum requirement with five years to acquire a Masters Degree as required by NYS.
- JOB DESCRIPTION: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned: * Conduct evaluations on children from birth to 5 years old. * Diagnose and evaluate speech and language skills as related to educational, medical, social, and psychological factors. * Development & implementation of goals, plans and objectives for children from birth to 5 years old.
- Plan, direct, and conduct rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic and non-organic etiology. * Conduct annual evaluations of children from birth to 5 years old. * Assess children needs for augmentation and adaptive equipment and help in securing necessary equipment. * Must be familiar with * dysphagia, cognitive impairment, and neurogenic communication.
- Provide counseling and guidance and language development therapy to disabled children. * Review individual file to obtain background information prior to evaluation. * Develop and implement individualized plan for assigned patient to meet individual needs, interests, and abilities. * Review treatment plan, assess individual performance.
Paid benefit time is based on full or part- time status (10 months or 12 months). 1.) VACATION TIME is accrued up to 8 weeks paid vacation that follows the school year calendar. 8 weeks off during the summer. 2.) PERSONAL TIME is accrued up to 3 days per school year calendar.
- Complete all required documentation including registers and discharge summaries. * Complete incident reports and documentation of minor injuries. * BENEFITS: There is NO PAID TIME OFF for the first 30 days of employment. All time paid is accrued which includes (holidays, vacation, sick & personal time).
3.) SICK TIME is accrued up to 15 paid sick days per school year calendar. 4.) PAID HOLIDAYS follow the school year calendar. 6.) RETIREMENT PLAN is a Simple IRA. 7.) CONTINUING EDUCATION ALLOWANCE is provided.
8.) MALPRACTICE INSURANCE is paid for by Employer.
- 3 years ago - save job
To grow and prosper over the years, American Medical Personnel has maintained trust with the healthcare work force by consistently placing...