Please note: this particular position will require a PA Special Education certification. If you have this certification, please list it on your application prominently in order to be considered.
Pennsylvania Teacher Certification required
Special Education Certification required for CSH Cognitive Rehabilitation Program
Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Elementary Education or Secondary Education
Minimum one (1) year teaching experience with the appropriate population (e.g. elementary, secondary, special education)
• Ability to provide appropriate academic assessment and instruction individually and in a classroom setting to children of varied racial, ethnic cultural, religious, and social backgrounds.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and effective use of behavior management strategies.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary , heath care setting.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with the broadest range of individuals including children, families, the general public, professionals
• Ability to adapt programs, equipment, and materials to suit the individual needs of children with a variety of conditions or disabilities.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility in scheduling and delivering educational program.
• Ability to work in an intense and stressful environment.
• Ability to understand the effects of illness, physical disability, and hospitalization on children, family members, and staff, including teachers.
• Ability to understand and develop ways to alleviate stress in children.
• Knowledge of hospital and community resources.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and programs.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
This position is part-time at 30 hours per week (6 hour shifts, Monday-Friday). You will work 10 months out of the year and be benefits-eligible.
The Teacher is responsible for the planning and delivery of educational services to eligible hospital patients. Educational services include patient assessment, curriculum planning, instruction, interdisciplinary collaboration, and communication with the family and patient’s school..
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...