- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
- At least five years’ experience working with severely emotionally disturbed children.
- Experience working in an evidence-based, best practice treatment modality
Duties & Functions:
- Two years of demonstrated successful experience providing consultation or training
- Six months’ experience in a leadership/supervisory position
Essential Job Duties
- The Teaching Family Model (TFM) Consultant will provide training, direct consultation and certification evaluation to all direct line program staff at St. Aloysius Orphanage in order to insure that the Teaching Family Model philosophy is practiced effectively and with integrity to the standards of practice and ethics outlined by the Teaching Family Association.
- Provide verbal and written feedback to practitioners who work directly with clients
- Provide direct modeling and coaching to Education and Partial Hospitalization practitioners in real time
- Assist staff in developing intervention strategies to address client behavior
- Collaborate with Director of Training to provide pre-service and refresher training to staff
- Model professionalism in speech, conduct and interpersonal interactions at all times
a) Respond appropriately to others
b) Monitor/Assess performance of self and others to make improvements or take corrective action
c) Maintain awareness of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do
a) Consider outcomes of potential actions when choosing the most appropriate method
b) Select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new tasks
c) Persuade others to change their mindset / behavior
a) Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
b) Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
c) Develop and utilize creative problem solving techniques
4. Verbal Communication
a) Provide task instructions to staff
b) Utilize excellent listening skills
c) Communicate ideals effectively
5. Written Communication
a) Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
b) Communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
6. Personal Conduct
a) Seek opportunities to assist others
b) Manage time effectively
c) Self-starter requiring minimal supervision