About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
The Teaching Lab Assistant for the Welding Program works under the direction of the Division Director or Instructor on duty and performs routine and assigned activities in the laboratory, learning center, storeroom and office, which support an instructional program. The Teaching Lab Assistant’s duties focus primarily on assisting students under the direction of an instructor; the teaching duties should not include introducing new materials to students.
Essential Functions :
Minimum Qualifications :
- Assist the professional faculty member with teaching duties in the classroom, laboratory, computer laboratory, or shop as directed.
- Tutor students over materials already covered by the instructor, including conducting reviews for tests.
- Assist students as they conduct laboratory work.
- Grade papers, exercises, and tests by use of predetermined objective criteria.
- Process student records and maintains student files.
- Prepare the laboratory for class, secure equipment after class and set up and disassemble laboratory experiments.
- Test new lab equipment for quality and accuracy.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on laboratory equipment and other instructional aids.
- Aid the professional staff in the construction of training aids.
- Initiate requisitions for consumable supplies and equipment repairs.
- Prepare consumable materials for classroom, laboratory and shop exercises.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment and assure security of each.
- Assist in major repair or modification of laboratory or shop equipment.
- Supervise student workers as assigned.
- Monitor instructional areas for safety conditions.
- Operate motor vehicles for purpose of conducting TSTC business.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Annual Salary :
- High school degree or GED required; prefer associate’s degree in an appropriate field from accredited college or university preferred.
- One year of successful related work experience.
$10.00 per hour