The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
The Team Coordinator schedules all oncology-related patient appointments, including all outside consultant referrals, return visits, test ordering, and hospital admissions for the General Oncology and Hematology Clinics. The Team Coordinator is an integral member of a physician care service team and acts as a professional liaison for patients, families and other providers as well as other SCCA departments. The Team Coordinator takes initiative in scheduling patients in a manner that satisfies patient need and includes proper utilization of SCCA resources.
The Team Coordinator communicates among all constituents effectively, consistently and promptly. This individual works with considerable independence and is expected to be pro-active, use strategic thinking and sound judgment to accomplish their duties. He or she must keep abreast of changes to procedures and regulations related to patient care and maintain familiarity with all other SCCA departments and their functions in order to efficiently carry out their duties.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Three years of administrative experience required, preferably in a health care setting.
• Experience with computer and data entry required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• College degree preferred.
• Medical terminology preferred.
• Experience coordinating physician appointments and patient services.
• Experience utilizing an automated scheduling system.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Able to adapt to rapidly changing and stressful situations.
• Acceptance of responsibility for all aspects of the position. Establishment and adjustment of priorities based on patient acuity and changing clinical situations.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple demands with a high work volume.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems
• Able to communicate concisely and effectively with coworkers, physicians and patients.
• Able to work under the direction of others while having considerable independence performing their job duties.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE+ excellent benefits
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard