Performs supervisory duties and assists employees engaged in customer service field activities. Computer skills, Customer service experience, Metering reading experience, Plumbing knowledge, and CDL a plus. Call out hours. |
1. Drive and maintain service truck. Load, unload, and operate tools and equipment including but not limited to:
Crescent and pipe wrenches
Pliers and screwdrivers
Meters and regulators
Carbon monoxide testers
Combustible gas indicators
2. Turn gas service on and off. Install, remove, adjust, and repair meters, regulators, and related equipment. Examine and adjust all types gas‑fired equipment.
3. Investigate customer‑related orders and/or emergency situations including but not limited to:
4. Investigate accidents in which natural gas might have been a factor.
5. Consult with customers, dealers, and installers on gas piping and related equipment.
6. Train, direct, and/or supervise employees performing customer service activities.
7. Maintain various records including but not limited to:
8. Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
9. Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
1. Customer service experience.
2. Experience in use, function, maintenance, and/or repair of tools and equipment applicable to position.
3. Application basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division (tested). Application of formulas to calculate load requirements.
4. Working knowledge of transmission and distribution pipeline system operations.
5. Experience and training relative to:
Company and governmental customer service/safety procedures
Gas appliance and gas piping codes and requirements
Electrical and mechanical components of gas-fired equipment
Basic, advanced, and specialized customer service activities
Customer Service System and customer accounting procedures
Use of two‑way radios and FMS system (where applicable)
6. Demonstrated ability to train and direct; knowledge of personnel policies and procedures.
7. Experience in reading and interpreting maps, atlas pages, house numbers, blueprints, wiring diagrams, pipe sizing tables, and flow charts.
8. Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
Applicable driver's license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Lift and/or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds 40‑50 times a day; up to 40 pounds 7‑10 times a day; over 50 pounds 2‑3 times a day.
2. Climb ladders; stoop, kneel, and crawl on floors and bare ground to access, adjust, and/or repair gas appliances, meters, and equipment.
3. React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others.
4. Smell odorant in natural gas.
5. Able to operate tools and equipment required.
COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS :
Communicate and/or exchange information and instructions.
VISUAL REQUIREMENTS :
Sufficient to perform job duties.
How To Apply
Only applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be considered. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline January 10, 2014 5:00 pm
Amount of Travel
Work At Home