This position works closely with the Store Manager to coordinate the work activities of store clerks and sales associates including training on company, client and store operating policies and programs as well as day-to-day store cashier operations and cash handling Leads the work activities of department associates, PT and Temporary including: |
- Ensures shelves and other displays are stocked, restocked and maintained according to company standards.
- Ensures markups or markdowns are taken according to company directives
- Greets and assists customers with inquiries and purchases utilizing cash register to process payments and refunds and resolves escalated customer issues.
- Verifies cashier daily balancing of cash drawers for accuracy while ensuring safe cash handling policies and procedures are followed including cash, checks, credit/debit cards.
- Coordinates the work activities of Sales Associates including scheduling and conducting training for new employees.
- Ensures that the Sales Associates understand and follow Corporate and store policies and procedures
- Receives and verifies orders and complete store reports.
- May be a key holder in certain stores and responsible for opening and/or closing the store.
- Maintains neat and clean store and work areas.
- Understands and processes website orders including picking merchandise and shipping orders.
- May assist other store employees with completing the work of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of previous customer service and/or retail experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literacy; ability to operate store computer.
Follett Corporation - 9 months ago