The Team Lead –Materials, USA Procurement is responsible for leading a team in the development, implementation and management of optimal procurement and logistics execution for the materials category. In this capacity, the Team Lead –Materials, USA Procurement partners with and leverages category management strategies and operations subject matter expertise to help drive reductions in input costs and handling costs.
- Leads, directs, trains and manages materials buyer as well as functional leadership to bulk plant coordinators and proppant logistics coordinators.
- Interacts with operations, sales and finance to locally determine optimal inventory levels to balance high customer service levels versus the inventory cost and ensure accurate materials costs in the COGS calculation.
- Actively leads the demand forecasting process for all materials inventory on a periodic basis working closely with sales teams.
- Applies company standard and industry best practice warehousing, transloading and inventory procedures.
- Develops, implements and tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to materials management in line with company and local management goals.
- Develops and implements best practices, policies, procedures and lean initiatives in regard to local materials management initiatives.
- Ensure security of supply at optimal total cost of ownership
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- 5+ years relevant, preferably oil field services experience with a background finance or chemical distribution within Supply Chain Management
- Business degree or equivalent
- ISM Professional designation or equivalent is an asset
- Proven expertise in the areas of tactical procurement, contract management, risk assessment and mitigation, supplier evaluation and negotiations, logistics and management of supplier relations
Leadership and management skills:
- Possess strong leadership, ability to coach and mentor as well as customer focus on business unit support
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record as a strategic thinker
- Must be a team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share and seek information and guidance
- Must have solid negotiation skills with the ability to challenge established thinking
Sanjel Corporation - 13 months ago