The Health Plan Test Services (HPTS), group provides testing functions and support to a number of HP-BIO applications for the Benefits, and Sales Systems Group.
The individual identified for this position will perform TEAM LEAD functions with emphasis on test automation. The team lead will be responsible for the delivery of two to four applications within the Sales System Suite of programs, managing the day-to-day activities of the testing team comprised of onshore and offshore contractors. The primary function will be to ensure the team performs all aspects of testing with high quality and in budget adhering to the established Service Level Agreements for the contracting teams. This individual will also work closely with the national and regional users, and user acceptance teams.
This individual will also be a key contributor to the newly formed Centralized Automation Engineering Group (CAEG), providing automation expertise to defining standards and processes, evaluating new and in-flight automation activities, providing consulting services to other HPTS managers and leads, and reporting out defined metrics throughout the year .
- Provide direction to onshore and offshore contractor managed team representatives
- Work closely with development and production support team to plan the schedule and content for each release.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with contracting test teams are met.
- Supervises technical aspect of all QA testing work activities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on specific programs or applications to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements, assess gaps and provide high level estimates of testing needs.
- Develop and execute project plans which are aligned with and follows the appropriate project delivery process for the testing phase, which may include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths and deliverable/responsibility matrices.
- Accountable for time and resource estimates for projects.
- Ensure compliance with HPTS defined and established methodologies, processes, standards and tools within the context of the appropriate project delivery process.
- Provide daily and weekly status updates to upper management.
- Participate as key contributor to the HPTS Centralized Automation Engineering Group (CAEG);
- Formulate and refine automation standards across the HP-BIO and influencing these standards to the other Kaiser Permanente BIOs.
- Ensuring adherence to the standards once in place.
- Assisting in the evaluation of automation activities (Engagement, ROI, technical feasibility) with other HPTS managers and test leads.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years leading a team of various levels of software test engineers and testers.
- A minimum of 5 years testing experience with web applications, in particular .NET, VB, C#, JAVA applications. Programming experience in one or more of these applications required.
- Extensive experience in design & development of automation scripts for a wide variety of software applications
- Expertise in QTP, ITKO LISA or other SOA test services
- Proficient in automation standards and guidelines to drive automation early in the testing life cycle
- Experience with implementation of quality assurance and testing methodologies, processes, standards, and tools
- Experience managing testing teams where the development lifecycle can be waterfall or agile.
- Quality Center, MS Office suite, MS Project experience
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, but take on new assignments with minimal direction.
- Familiarity with SOX compliance and required documentation relating to testing concerns.
Kaiser Permanente - 19 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...