Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT consulting and professional services company, is a dynamic organization that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Emerging Health IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
The Team Lead works in a hands-on role in addition to providing guidance to a team. The Team Lead stays abreast of technological or business trends in the industry and provides business and technical expertise to team members. The Team Lead works closely with the manager to provide guidance to a team and may also function as a Project Manager. The Team Lead provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in day-to-day execution of advanced level technical activities.
- In conjunction with the manager, provide direction to a small team.
- Oversee assignments and the work of team members.
- Participate in planning the work, delegating effectively and following up with staff, to provide support and guidance.
- Participate in the evaluation of team members’ level of performance, to provide performance management.
- Participate in identifying training needs for team members.
- Participate in staffing decisions and promotion of team members.
- Assist Project Manager or Manager with project planning.
- Participate in developing program priorities, resource requirements, project scope, and objectives.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate risks and issues to project management.
- Provide high-level customer support and service. Mitigate escalations of client incidents and issues.
- Resolve issues through analysis and troubleshooting, vendor consultation, and utilizing other technical teams.
- Identify highly complex, non-routine issues and recommends corrective action. Develop solutions for new system requirements. Provide expertise on design and planning, and ensure that appropriate technical designs are implemented.
- Provide design review and/or code review, for efficiency and adherence to standards.
- Assess issues and provide enhancements to existing systems. Proactively analyze systems to identify potential issues and identify solutions
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and business knowledge.
- Supply technical expertise and business systems guidance to manager and team.
- Assist in defining problems and objectives, describing the requirements, determining costs and benefits. Define technical issues as they relate to the business and the operational feasibility of the system.
- Ensure that requirements are benchmarked against vendor offerings to facilitate solutions to business or operational problems.
- Emerging Health is a professional services organization with a matrix reporting structure. Associate’s roles may differ depending on the project, however, their position and title remains the same.
BS/MS/MA in Information Technology, MIS, Health Informatics or a related field.
- Advanced level technical experience in field
- Leading or mentoring others
- Prior experience with clinical information systems and supporting clinical departments’ workflows including Dental, Radiation Oncology, L&D, imaging and others.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience analyzing, developing, testing and implementing interfaces between various systems.
- Strong technical skills including multiple operating systems, databases, modalities, interfaces and clinical systems.
- Understanding of DICOM, DICOM RT, HL7, IHE and other health related standards.
- User training experience.
- Good meeting management skills, including with customers, vendors and team members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers, vendors, peers and management.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations.
- Self-directed, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work well in a team environment and have solid leadership skills.
- Excellent follow up skills, highly organized with an eye for detail and good documentation skills.
- Must be adaptable in a rapidly changing environment and able to multi-task effectively.