Position: RDC Team Leader
Location : Danbury, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 300 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
Supervise a team of RDC mechanical technicians for all activities related to repair, overhaul, and tear down or refurbishment of fuel cell power plants and associated equipment.
- Writing and delivering the annual performance evaluation of the technicians assigned including any necessary coaching / counseling during the evaluation period.
- Drive quality assurance on the shop floor and measure qualitative results to be achieved.
- Provide daily guidance, instructions and direction to the group to achieve goals and maintain high productivity.
- Perform technical and on the job training internally and externally, as needed by business requirements.
- Secure outside contract labor and services including heavy equipment, such as cranes and riggers and welders to support the primary job function.
- Be involved in the daily activities and responsible for maintaining productivity and schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring proper record keeping is performed (Build-book, QCPC, ECN’s, Deviations)
- Help support operations surrounding the teardown or rework process such as: parts inventory, cost reduction efforts, equipment maintenance and documentation.
- Work closely with the Engineering and Technology group to accomplish the primary job function
- Perform physical labor on power plants, up to a maximum of 50% of labor hours.
Education: A.S. or trade school, directly applicable, experience
Experience: Five years of industrial experience. Must have at least five years of supervisory experience of physical workers.
QA or Electrical experience is a plus
Candidate should have / be:
- Must be willing and able to work periods of rotating shifts, typically 10 hours in duration during critical work evolutions.
- Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the year, domestically and internationally, with each trip duration being 2 weeks or longer.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have or be able to successfully obtain and maintain a current US passport.
- Must enjoy mentoring role.
- Must be capable of encouraging teamwork, drive and morale.
- Must be quick to grasp internal FuelCell components and daily duties and overall department responsibilities
- Must have a working knowledge of most hand tools, portable power tools and test equipment (process meter and thermocouple reader)
- Able to lift 50 lbs., climb a ladder to a height of 15+ feet above the ground and work in a safety harness.
- Occasional work in a lift truck to heights of up to 30 feet above the ground may be required.
- Must be physically fit to qualify for and able to wear a respirator.
We offer a competitive pay, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
- Basic computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
FuelCell Energy - 14 months ago