The Team Leader works with the Store Manager and
Assistant Store Manager, to plan and execute store operational and
staff management objectives as they relate to supporting the annual
operating plan. Supports decision making in areas involving
customers, team members, operational issues, business planning,
priority setting, compliance with company policies, and assisting
the store manager with any and all areas of the business. Drives
Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for,
find and keep jobs, with an emphasis on finding employment.
Additionally, supports and manages through embracing and
demonstrating Goodwill’s Five Basic Principles.
- High school diploma or
GED (associate’s preferred)
Critical Performance Indicators
Build and maintain positive relations with staff and customers
to drive achievement of customer service goals.
production and revenue goals through effective utilization of
Cross train all staff on store standards.
Critical Job Tasks
- 6 Months of
- Minimum 1 year of retail or service
related industry experience
- Microsoft Office products and
internet navigation proficiency
- Solid communication
verbal and written skills
- Committed to continuous
- Strong relationship management abilities
- Results-orientated and driven to achieve goals
Operations - 60%
Staff Management -
- Monitors sales, cash
management, inventory control and store merchandising and
- Insures that the store opens & closes and
is properly staffed at all times.
- Monitors sales,
production and donations performance weekly and monthly, and
provides monthly reviews to all retail associates.
- Maintains a positive environment that is cohesive to achieve
sales goals set.
- Assists in interviewing job applicants,
complies with all company hiring policies and assists store
manager with the hiring of team members.
- Plans, organizes
and directs the activities of team members.
- Provides a
clean, fun and safe environment for their employees and
- Orders inventory, conducts inventory audits and
manages inventory shrinkage.
- Merchandizes and maintains
retail showroom floor.
- Maintains store cleanliness on a
- Maintains personal level of sales
performance consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Provides maximum level of customer service to ensure repeat
- Ensures all customers are greeted in timely fashion
based upon company guidelines.
- Proactively addresses and
follows up with all sales concerns and customer service
- Investigates and handles customer complaints
quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
effective communication with other retail leadership staff and
Benefits and Pay Summary
- Assists Store Manager in staffing all open
positions at the store with quality and productive employees.
- Assists in ensuring all new employees are oriented and trained
on all required work processes, procedures, and on expected
standards of performance.
- Assists team members in goal
setting and skills development.
- Provides feedback on
performance, attendance and conduct concerns, and administers
performance discussions as needed.
- Provides work
leadership on assigned shifts.
- Provides performance
related feedback on team members to the Store Manager, Assistant
Store Manager, & Regional Director.
- Works closely
with staff to remove significant work barriers.
the maintenance and confidentiality of staff personnel records in
accordance with Federal, State, and Local requirements.
- Manages staff in accordance with Goodwill’s 5 Basic
Principles, Federal, State, and Local laws insuring the workplace
is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Manages the
overall store operations in the absence of the Assistant Store
Manager and Store Manager.
$10.00 per hour
The following are the basic benefits programs
in which full-time employees may participate:
- Continuing education & leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, Dental & Vision
- Short & long term
- Nationally recognized preventive health
& wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health
spending account, dependent care spending account and
- Retirement plan with generous match
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer