We have an immediate opening for a Team Leader in the Pistol Barrel Department. This is a non-exempt position, on a 12 Hour night shift from 6pm - 6am.
Assist Cell Coordinator with the supervision of factory employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment: plan and assign work, ensure policies and procedures are being followed and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties include the following - other duties may be assigned:
Managing throughput and continuous quality improvements within general guidelines of Lean manufacturing
· Performing duties and sharing goals as part of a Participative Work Team
· Regularly communicating with department manager, team members and support personnel, all issues impacting product, production, quality and safety across shifts and departments
· Providing input to department manager related to budgeting of tooling, materials, etc
· Scheduling production and staffing ( vacations/absences) of work team
· Using advanced problem solving techniques to analyze, find root cause and permanently correct problems related to all aspects of cell operation
· Providing direct input to department manager regarding the evaluation of team members’ performance
· Must be capable of filling in for assigned team members to maintain production and perform any and all duties associated with the following levels of operations at Smith & Wesson:
o LEVEL I: – Performing routine production work ( milling, cutoff, broaching, turning and grinding); performing simple setup, adjustments and tool changes, as well as wrapping, packing, sorting, checking, monitoring, testing, assembling and repairing all accepted product per work instructions
o LEVEL II: – Performing moderately complex production work; performing complex set-ups, adjustments and tool changes; performing CNC type grinding and advanced cutting tool/broaching and inspection following all prescribed methods and procedures; producing production work in punch press operations, austempering, normalizing, annealing, vacuum hardening, tempering, carburizing, brazing, etc
o LEVEL III: – Performing complex production work in the following areas: set-up tech support, advanced, traditional, and/or CNC type machining following all prescribed methods and procedures; performing complex set-ups, adjustments and tool changes
· Assisting Cell Coordinator with leading personnel in day-to-day requirements
· Assisting with the planning over a 30-day time span and preparing action plans to achieve results
· Assisting Cell Coordinator with the supervision of personnel, including hiring and retention, performance management and discipline
· Experience, Competencies and Education
o High School/GED – Associate’s Degree preferred,
o Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
o Minimum requirement 3-5 years in the following ( pending assigned position)
CNC milling/turning center/gun drill experience, Heat Treat Operator, Shooting Experience, Assembly, Cutting Tool, Forge
o General knowledge and experience with the operations of various traditional and CNC equipment, and processes in Assembly and Specialty Services is preferred
We have a comprehensive benefits package including 401 ( k), profit sharing, medical, dental and vision coverage. AAE/EOE Smoke-free facility.
Smith & Wesson - 17 months ago
Smith & Wesson has built a successful business shooting for the stars. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (operating through...