Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. Position Profile
Team Leader Position Profile
The Team Leader works with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, to plan and execute store operational and staff management objectives as they relate to supporting the annual operating plan. Supports decision making in areas involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority setting, compliance with company policies, and assisting the store manager with any and all areas of the business. Drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs, with an emphasis on finding employment. Additionally, supports and manages through embracing and demonstrating Goodwill’s Five Basic Principles.
- High school diploma or GED (associate’s preferred)
Critical Performance Indicators
- 6 Months of leadership experience
- Minimum 1 year of retail or service related industry experience
- Microsoft Office products and internet navigation proficiency
- Solid communication verbal and written skills
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Strong relationship management abilities
- Results-orientated and driven to achieve goals
Build and maintain positive relations with staff and customers to drive achievement of customer service goals.
Achieve production and revenue goals through effective utilization of staff.
Cross train all staff on store standards.
Critical Job Tasks
Operations - 60%
Staff Management - 40%
- Monitors sales, cash management, inventory control and store merchandising and appearance.
- Insures that the store opens & closes and is properly staffed at all times.
- Monitors sales, production and donations performance weekly and monthly, and provides monthly reviews to all retail associates.
- Maintains a positive environment that is cohesive to achieve sales goals set.
- Assists in interviewing job applicants, complies with all company hiring policies and assists store manager with the hiring of team members.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of team members.
- Provides a clean, fun and safe environment for their employees and customers.
- Orders inventory, conducts inventory audits and manages inventory shrinkage.
- Merchandizes and maintains retail showroom floor.
- Maintains store cleanliness on a daily bases.
- Maintains personal level of sales performance consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Provides maximum level of customer service to ensure repeat sales.
- Ensures all customers are greeted in timely fashion based upon company guidelines.
- Proactively addresses and follows up with all sales concerns and customer service issues.
- Investigates and handles customer complaints quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Maintains effective communication with other retail leadership staff and support staff.
- Assists Store Manager in staffing all open positions at the store with quality and productive employees.
- Assists in ensuring all new employees are oriented and trained on all required work processes, procedures, and on expected standards of performance.
- Assists team members in goal setting and skills development.
- Provides feedback on performance, attendance and conduct concerns, and administers performance discussions as needed.
- Provides work leadership on assigned shifts.
- Provides performance related feedback on team members to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, & Regional Director.
- Works closely with staff to remove significant work barriers.
- Oversees the maintenance and confidentiality of staff personnel records in accordance with Federal, State, and Local requirements.
- Manages staff in accordance with Goodwill’s 5 Basic Principles, Federal, State, and Local laws insuring the workplace is free from discrimination and harassment.
- Manages the overall store operations in the absence of the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.
Inability to effectively build effective working relationships with Goodwill employees and leaders.
Inability to learn the store operational procedures, etc.
Inability to train and develop a productive store staff.
Inability to adhere to Goodwill’s mission and basic principles.
Benefits and Pay Summary
Pay Range: $10.00 per hour
The following are the basic benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
- Continuing education & leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, Dental & Vision
- Short & long term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
- Retirement plan with generous match
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 13 months ago