Team Leader I Manufacturing - HWIC - 2nd Shift
Take your career to the next step; apply your expertise in Manufacturing Management to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters.
IDS Execution Operations (XOPS) has a need for a 2nd shift cell leader in the Hardware Integration Center (HWIC) in Pelham, NH. This position has overall responsibility for manufacturing operation team(s) in a fast paced and dynamic environment and will manage a team of assemblers and/or technicians. The individual in this role ensures assembled hardware meets contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of production. This individual will also need to ensure a safe work environment and will be actively engaged in safety improvement projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This role requires daily interaction with other cross-business teams in IDS to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
The position supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of hardware design, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
Basic Qualifications and Required Education:
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Employee hiring and training
- Time and attendance tracking
- Area layout and flow management
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- Previous leadership experience in manufacturing / planning / scheduling / operations or similar environments
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- Experience utilizing business systems and tools that aid in managing labor, processes, and budgets
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
- Mechanical manufacturing experience
- Manufacturing test experience
- Familiarity with Visiprise Management
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- Able to obtain a DOD government clearance
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Solid people management and interpersonal skills; uses good judgment to resolve conflict
- Ability to lead in a team-based manufacturing environment and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Bias for Action, Doing, Speed, Results, Execution
- Metrics driven and success oriented
Key words: cell leader, manufacturing, supervisor, operations, lean, six sigma, production, planning, scheduling, cables, electronic, electrical, mechanical
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a global workforce of almost 14,000 employees and 2011 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon - 19 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...