1. Assist product engineers in project management .
2. Organizing and prioritizing projects along with ensuring BOM’s /drawings are correct
3. Assist product engineer/mechanical engineer with necessary calculations to provide
structural/material strength and stress analysis to meet the performance requirements
for frames and major structures.
4. Assist mechanical engineer to determine materials and heat treat processes to be
5. Perform and analyze FEA’s.
6. Will be required to check the work of others for completeness and accuracy .
7. Assist with shop testing of new machines as required .
8. Help solve shop manufacturing problems.
9. Make underground visits to help solve field problems .
10. Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated ,
including mutually agreed upon objectives .
A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or lead experience is required.
A PE certification will be a plus.
A minimum of five years experience heavy industrial structural and major structure design.
Excellent 3D CAD skills are required.
Pro E and Auto Cad experience required .
Finite Element Methods experience is required.
desired_skills_qualifications: Familiarity with general industry standards for engineering
specifications and manufacturing techniques to perform assigned duties is strongly
Feb 20, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Virginia-Pulaski-PULASKI01-Global Mining - Pulaski
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...