Coordinates and oversees the daily activities for the Rental Service Department at the location assigned and provides leadership by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assigns work to technicians and manages the jobs while in the shop.
• Communicates with shop supervisor and customers as job progresses.
• Assist Shop Supervisor with Opening and closing work orders and sees that customer is invoiced correctly.
• Responsible for a timely flow of work through the build process making sure deadlines are met.
• Responsible for overall quality coming out of the shop & seeing that all quality control sheets are filled out in there entirety.
• Assist with coaching of staff and managing resources to achieve company goals in the area of employee and customer satisfaction, market share and profitability.
• Understand reference materials and a comprehensive understanding of financial coding processes.
• Assists in managing shop working operations.
• Troubleshoot and diagnostic of general electronic control problems and operate all types of diagnostic tools.
• Responsible for loading and unloading of engines or components.
• Checks engines for needed repairs and informs Shop Supervisor & PSSR of findings.
• Assist Shop Supervisor and PSSR’s in quote & adder process.
• Will be in attendance in all monthly store safety meetings
• Responsible for all shop equipment and fork lift inspections.
• Troubleshoots problems with department to complete job in a timely manner.
• Assist with supervision of shop cleanliness and maintenance.
• Hands on assistance.
• Will be required to sell at least 50% of his or her time.
• Insure safety policies and procedures in the shop are adhered to.
• In-depth knowledge of company’s products, policy and procedures.
• Pro-actively establish effective relationships and support others in achieving high performance.
• Fill in as the Shop Supervisor on an as needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises up to 15 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical background related field is required. Must possess hands on knowledge in most areas of responsibility.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of CAT DBS Database software; Internet software; Order processing systems; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Office Suite Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Up to 10%
Warren Equipment Company - 13 months ago