Team Member - Assistant Manager (ASM) Job Description
Department : Retail Operations Job Status : Full-time
FLSA status : Non-exempt (hourly) Reports To : Store Manager
Location : Mettler, CA (store 223) Travel Required : No
Supervisory Responsibility : Yes Work Schedule : Varies
To assist the Store Manager in operating a Flyers Convenience Food Store engaged in selling general lines of merchandise, prepared foods, and gasoline, by performing the following duties personally or through direct reports. Responsible for directing the day-to-day operating activities of the assigned store in accordance with Company image, profitability, guest service, safety, and personnel standards. Follows all policies as outlined in the Training Guide, Store Personnel Handbook, Safety Manual, Hire Packets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Assists the Store Manager in supervising team members in the Flyers Convenience Store. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Flyers Energys policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting the store manager in interviewing, hiring, training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Assistant Managers must be available to work at least 2 swing shifts or graveyard' shifts per week.
- Give all guests prompt and courteous service.
- Provide fuel island service to guests as needed.
- Promote and support Company image standards.
- Assist with writing and keeping records of team member issues/incidents
- Assists in coordination of sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing merchandise displays and signage.
- Supervises team members. Participates in the taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, and preparing daily sales reports for accounting, or performs work of subordinates as needed.
- Inventories and orders merchandise and gasoline to replenish merchandise on hand in the managers absence.
- Monitors compliance of team members with established security, sales, safety, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Answers guests complaints or inquiries.
- Verifies bank deposits and ensures they are delivered to the bank daily in the Store Managers absence or as directed.
- Makes correct change, processes credit/EBT cards and issues receipts or tickets to guests.
- Operates cash register by ringing all purchases into the proper department on the cash register, per company policy.
- Stock and front face coolers, deli cases, store shelves, and displays.
- Ensures Guest Safety.
- Is knowledgeable of and has the ability to respond to emergency situations as described in Companys IIPP
- Reports competitive gas price surveys when responsible for opening shift.
- Participates in the recruitment, interviewing, training Store Team Members.
- Assists the manager in the implementation of disciplinary procedures.
- Assists in the execution of the safety program and enforces observance of safety regulations.
- Handles accident reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for communication of Company Policies to Team Members.
- Correctly process Lottery and Lotto transactions.
- Process HelpDesk requests as appropriate.
- Executes and complies with Store Managers Daily Expectations program.
- Changes cash register receipt tapes and ribbons when needed.
- Completes a variety of logs, worksheets and other data collecting records to account for cash receipts and store merchandise.
- Communicates with store manager regarding guest requests and vendor-related concerns.
- Checks in external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
- Consistently reports to work on time and in accordance with assigned work schedule, does not perform work tasks outside of designated time without specific approval.
- Assists the Store Manager in preparing work schedules and assists in directing team members to specific duties, including but not limited to appropriate use of Discussion Planner forms.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS : Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and team members. Ability to communicate with guests using the intercom system for instructions and plus selling.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute ratios and percentages. Accurately count cash and balance drawer.
REASONING ABILITY : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work schedules may at any time, as required by business operations, be adjusted for definite or indefinite periods of time so as to increase, decrease or otherwise change any non-exempt team members daily, weekly and/or shift hours of work and/or the days a team member will report for work.
Written/Approved HSP/RB (HR)
2014 ©Flyers Energy LLC
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Previous customer service is a plus.
Cashiering experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate is over 21 (we sell alcohol).
All applicants must pass the drug screen.
CareerBuilder - 10 months ago