Team Member – Cashier |
Department : Retail Operations Job Status : Full-time
FLSA status : Non-exempt (hourly) Reports to : Area Manager
Location : Santa Rosa, CA (store 245) Travel Required : None
Supervisory Responsibility : None Work Schedule : varies
Provides exceptional service to all guests at a Flyers site. Is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within Company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store. This position reports to the Store Manager in charge of the location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Give all guests prompt and courteous service including greeting and thanking.
• Scans all merchandise presented by the guest (or uses correct SKU or Dept.) using the cash register and gasoline console to show amount due.
• Makes correct change, processes credit/EBT cards and issues receipts or tickets to guests.
• Prepares a pay-point report at the completion of shift in accordance with company guidelines.
• Operates cash register by ringing all purchases into the proper department on the cash register, per company policy.
• Accurately posts markups and markdowns, store use of merchandise, voids, and damaged merchandise, within established guidelines.
• Is knowledgeable of and has the ability to respond to emergency situations as described by company policy
• Responsible for controlling all inventory while on duty.
• Follows Company policy with regard to excessive cash in the cash register, maintains change coin box and ensures
that cash amounts are in balance.
• Stock and front face coolers, deli cases, store shelves, and displays.
• Properly clean and maintain equipment in the food service area and reports any maintenance issues.
• Checks refrigeration equipment for performance at a minimum of once per shift.
• Cleans windows, floors, shelving, counters, outside concrete, parking lot, restrooms, and gasoline dispensers to ensure they remain clean at all times.
• Completes a Daily Shift Inspection within one hour of the start of the shift.
• Follows correct vendor check-in procedures as defined in the Training Guide.
• Provide fuel island service to guests as needed.
• Instruct guests on how to use self-serve equipment.
• Process HelpDesk requests as appropriate.
• Accurately process Lottery and Lotto transactions.
• Changes cash register receipt tapes and ribbons when needed.
• Completes a variety of logs, worksheets and other data collecting records to account for cash receipts and store merchandise.
• Communicates with store manager regarding guest requests and vendor-related concerns.
• Checks in external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
• Consistently reports to work on time and in accordance with assigned work schedule.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform specific tasks as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Promote and support Company image standards.
• Complies with Company meal and rest break policies.
• Communicates with supervisors
• Presents a neat, clean appearance in uniform as prescribed by the Company.
• Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations including verifying age with a valid I.D. for any age restricted sales.
• Follow the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager.
• Stay familiar with the Company Price Book, Training Guide, ABC & Safety Manual, Store Personnel Handbook, and bulletins.
• Ensure Store Manger is made aware of any and all sales, cash, or operating discrepancies or problems.
• Properly uses time clock feature in PDI, signs a timecard verifying all hours worked at the end of the pay period.
• Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : High School diploma or general education degree (GED): or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS : Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other team members. Ability to communicate in English with guests using the intercom system for instructions and plus selling.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add and subtract in order to make change, complete pay point reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and quantity. Cash counting required daily.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work schedules may at any time, as required by business operations, be adjusted for definite or indefinite periods of time so as to increase, decrease or otherwise change any non-exempt team members daily, weekly and/or shift hours of work and/or the days a team member will report for work.
HSP Version 11/22/2013
- Must be at least 18 years of age. (over 21 preferred)
- Previous customer service is a plus.
- Be willing to take a drug screening test.