TECHNICIAN I - AIR
Location: LAPORTE, TEXAS
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is hiring several Air Technicians to work in and around the LaPorte, Texas area for refinery turnarounds. It is anticipated that these projects will last from 6 to 8 weeks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The technicians will perform receipt, inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling and testing of various SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) and other respiratory equipment and breathing air equipment in accordance with approved testing and service procedures.
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance of breathing air regulators and reducers and high and low pressure breathing air manifolds.
- Completes all documentation and data entry associated with inspection and repair in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer as required. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets.
- Learns to conduct detailed visual inspections and system functional tests of various systems and equipment for the purpose of reporting any deficiencies and corrective action recommendations to customer. Learns to assess the repair(s) needed and to quote the customer price and delivery for repair or replacement.
- Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery.
- Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
- Travel to customers site and be available for travel for short and long-term out-of-town and/or offshore projects.
- Air Technicians will hire and be directed from LaPorte, TX Office, and work in all locations - nationwide, with Per Diem.
- Be available to work 12 hour shifts (days/nights).
- Minimum High School graduate/GED certificate. Associate’s degree in a science or technical area of related technical training strongly preferred. Must be able to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
- Class B driver’s license if required by facility.
- Current TWIC certification.
- Forklift experience preferred. Must pass internal forklift training and certification as required.
- Must be able to pass drub and alcohol screening; must be able to pass NABSC background screen.
- While performing this job, employees must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, climb ladders with no fear of height, and work in various climate conditions.
- Previous experience or completion of OJT training in Respiratory and Air Breathing Equipment. 3 to 6 months experience with SCBA’s preferred.
- Experience in cleaning and routine maintenance and repair required.
- Ability to perform quality assurance check on equipment prior to delivery to customer and to assess damage on equipment before return from customer.
- Ability to diagnose basic problems, troubleshoot equipment and take corrective action within established guidelines.
- Should have some experience/exposure working in a plant/refinery environment, preferably chemical and/or oil & gas.
- 3 to 6 months experience working on plant turnarounds preferred.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested).
- Ability to use RentalMan or similar AS400 mainframe based computer system.
- Must have completed all training and certifications required at facility for this level.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Employee Orientation. State and OSHA regulations training. Coast Guard regulations if offshore.
Equipment Manufacturers’ training and certification.
Salary is commensurate with experience on this entry level position. This is a non-exempt position and subject to overtime. Work schedule is 12 hours per day, day or night shift.
Benefits are not provided for this temporary part-time position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard