OkCupid Labs is seeking an enthusiastic and talented lead hacker to join our growing team. You’ll be helping to make our products awesome and scalable for millions of users. You’ll get to work with a team of fantastic and fast moving hackers to make the social web a more insightful and engaging place.
- Have a hand in our existing products and help us dream up knew ideas
- Program in a wide variety of languages including Iced-CoffeeScript, Python, Java and help manage the systems our products run on
- Work through significant scaling challenges
- Contribute to our culture of healthy skepticism
- Creatively look for better ways to connect people and their emotions online
Skills & Requirements
We'd also like it if you:
- You can write code in at least one server-side programming language (Python, Ruby, C, etc.)
- You are enthusiastic about the power of the social web, and excited to share it with others
- You can explain complex technical concepts
- You’re curious about the world and excited to learn new things
- Are into programming enough to do it in your spare time
- Are a fan of open source
- Are skeptical of technology trends
- Get excited about new social products like Tallygram and Combosaurus
About OkCupid Labs
We’re OkCupid Labs, the mad scientist cousin OkCupid.com. We are 10 employees strong, based in NYC.
What do we do here?
- Coming up with brand new ideas for how to connect people in love, life, work, and beyond
- Building MVP’s to test our awesome ideas
- Scrapping ideas that aren’t awesome anymore and starting over on new things
- Taking our products to market, scaling them, refining them, and watching the cash roll in (or at least we hope!)
joelonsoftware - 9 months ago