As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Performs data analysis, interpretation and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis.
1. Performs data collection, analysis, interpretation and management duties.
2. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis.
3. Ensures the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
4. Consults with the external clients and internal staff to determine data management needs and objectives.
5. May be responsible for database design, administration, security, and maintenance.
6. Prepares presentations that reflect the results of the data analysis.
7. Develops and delivers data-related training programs.
8. Coordinates with scientists and other technical experts to design and develop statistical analyses methodologies.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Data Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science, Statistics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related statistics/data analysis experience.
Experienced in performing data analysis and developing operational analytical programs. Responsible for developing SAS, COBOL, and PL/SQL code on relational and STAR schema databases. A primary focus of this position to will be to develop, enhance and improve the SDI database access and data extract methodologies. Specific duties include:
- Responsibility for project development to ensure that the project will meet basic statistical criteria
- Ensuring accuracy of data extracts and ad-hoc reports
- Ensuring the most appropriate statistical analysis is performed
- Designing, developing, and enhancing new and existing extract tools
- Designing and creating appropriate visual representation of data
- Experience effectively working with large Oracle and SAS databases.
- Experience in working against relational and STAR schema models.
- Experience with Medicaid and Medicare claims data strongly preferred
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 18 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...