Utilize your technical knowledge and experience to design, develop, implement, configure, and tune large enterprise databases to support the use of ArcGIS technology and applied business workflows. This is a rewarding opportunity to work closely with Esri customers to leverage and advance the use of GIS.
- Apply Esri design methodology and best practices to develop appropriate solutions and technology strategies that address business workflows and technical requirements with special focus on the geodatabase
- Perform advanced geodatabase troubleshooting on enterprise applications and solutions with respect to business workflows, geodatabase versioning, and use of the geometric network
- Perform geodatabase and workflow design activities with particular focus on the geometric network and geodatabase versioning
- Perform database configuration and performance troubleshooting on Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Review existing ArcGIS-based enterprise systems and provide recommendations, considerations, and improvements in systems design, application technology, operational performance, system administration, and technology migration
- Perform enterprise software installation, configuration, and performance tuning services
- Complete technical assessments and document recommendations in reports, presentations, and white papers
- Present solution and system design concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, GIS, or related technical field, depending on position level
- Five or more years of DBA experience; experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server database tuning and configuration (creating, analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving performance issues identified from Oracle and SQL Server trace files)
- Five or more years of related enterprise-level technology experience
- Strong background in the use of SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong background in the use of UNIX(AIX) and Windows operating systems to support RDBMS
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
- Strong Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database tuning and configuration experience
- Previous programming experience with .NET and/or ArcObjects
- Database design experience
- ArcGIS geodatabase versioning experience
- Experience working with large IT organizations
- Industry domain knowledge (e.g., electric, gas, telecommunications, defense, or land management) and experience working on related technologies in those markets
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri - 19 months ago
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...