Position Description/Responsibilities (CCC/Vendor):
Join a world leader in IT metrics and productivity! Computer Aid, Inc. is looking for a Senior Level Technical Architect with expertise in Java and JBoss.
This position comes to us from our NY State contract for Hourly Based Information Technology Services and is located in Albany, NY. Albany is in the beautiful upstate region of NY, which is only a few hours from Boston, New York City, Montreal and the spectacular mountains of the Adirondacks. Winter sports and activities abound and one can enjoy both city and country pursuits with ease. Please consider applying today as time is limited on this and other positions like it for the state of NY.
Please respond with your updated resume to be considered
and read all the details listed here as the State contract is very specific
concerning experience level and skills.
This position supports myBenefits which is a health and human services portal for public users to prescreen for potential program eligibility, apply for benefits, view and change case details. myBenefits is available statewide and has approximately 500 thousand users. myWorkspace is a worker portal for local district workers to process the incoming applications, recertifications, and changes received via myBenefits or on paper. myBenefits was released in 2008 and myWorkspace in 2009. Major enhancements are planned to both applications over the next several years. This individual will be expected to provide expertise and hands-on participation in the following activities:
The project requires the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Analysis system workflow processes and network diagrams for the myBenefits/myWorkspace applications.
- The state will work with the vendor to define and approve these processes and to integrate them into the system.
- The vendor will work with the Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) to set-up, install and configure all core software needed to support the Virtual Managed Infrastructure for MyBenefits/MyWorkspace applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Java technologies, JBoss server administration, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), OITS network infrastructure, myBenefits/myWorkspace system and the technologies explained herein are required in order to successfully and effectively complete the responsibilities of this position.
- Provide mentoring and oversight of architecture, maintenance, modification and development of myBenefits/myWorkspace application code changes as needed.
- Provide day-to-day technical guidance and hands-on support to the development project team r activities related to the definition, design, construction, testing, performance tuning and certification of applications.
- Ensure that projects follow the NYS OITS architecture standards and best practices and conduct technical reviews to ensure compliance.
- Provide technical leadership, training, direction and expertise in the design and implementation of applications and integrations.
- Identify technology reuse opportunities, participate in the contribution toward reusable object/component libraries.
- Architect application models & technical designs ensuring consistent, robust & scalable designs.
- Plan and coordinate infrastructure requirements and server capacity planning.
- Work with technical leads on documentation and testing requirements.
- Review unit, and component, and integrated test for standards, performance, and service functionality compliance.
- Conduct application performance monitoring, analysis of performance and performance tuning.
- Address and remediate application security vulnerabilities identified by Fortify or other security scans.
- Participate and lead efforts in production troubleshooting and resolution as necessary.
- Meet with management and report on scheduled work progress.
Position Requirements/Technical Skills (CCC/Vendor):
5 to 7 years Technical experience centered around a technology, technologies or a portfolio of applications -Designing and implementing Information Technology Solutions.
Candidate is able to work without assistance and can provide leadership for others.
The following Requested (Desirable) Qualifications are not mandatory and candidates that do not fit all of the following, are still strongly encouraged to apply.
60 months experience in building complex, enterprise level Java web applications. This includes involvement in all phases of the system development lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation).
48 months experience working with development teams in defining unit and system testing standards, and monitoring, benchmarking and evaluating results.
48 months experience performing release management for n-tier JEE web applications.
48 months experience of demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and to give group presentations.
48 or more month’s experience analyzing business processes and workflows, and working with non-technical staff to develop system specifications and resolve problems.
48 or more month’s acting in advisory role to IT management in Web application architecture, software evaluation, POC, and mentoring developers in areas such as system architecture, design patterns, common system utilities, and secure Web application coding.
48 months experience in EJB development and transaction management programming in a complex, large-scale environment involving the integration of J2EE applications with legacy mainframe environments.
48 months experience working with/developing single sign-on solutions for JEE applications (preferably using LDAP and SiteMinder) context.
48 months experience with use of XML, JAXB and web services in a JEE environment.
36 months experience with Struts, Spring and Hibernate.
24 months experience working with rules engines and business process management.
Company Overview (CCC Only):
Applicants should apply here and include their resume for consideration. Resumes should be encompassing all the mandatory requirements posted for this position.
With the goal of ensuring a safe, productive work environment for both Computer Aid Associates and our customers, we will require that you submit to pre-employment drug testing and background screening prior to beginning employment.
CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
COMPUTER AID, INC (CAI) headquartered in Pennsylvania, with offices and staff throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region has over 3000 employees serving 34 major metropolitan areas. CAI offers a variety of delivery options including on-site, off-site, and blended solutions. Our Solution
Delivery Centers are successfully leveraged to enable our global staff of
technical and managerial professionals to quickly and effectively respond to
client requirements. Since our founding in 1981, CAI has specialized in forming
long-term multi-project relationships with our client partners. We take pride
as we strive to be one of the world leaders in Information Technology process
CAI has one of the industry’s best benefit packages available.
Some of our benefits include:
-Medical Care and Prescription Drug Program Coverage
-CAI’s medical coverage is equivalent to Hospital/Surgical/Major Medical coverage,
Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Care Coverage - including Orthodontic services,
Vision Care Coverage, Short-Term Disability Insurance (STD), Long-Term Disability
Insurance, Base Life Insurance, 401 K and Computer Based Training opportunities.
We invite you to work with us in roles where we help our clients deliver the
innovation that is so necessary for an organization to grow. This innovation
includes accelerating the time to market of new business functionality, as
well as ensuring that the systems we build are robust and reliable. Whether you
are working on delivering a business analyses, project management, process
improvement, infrastructure support, application maintenance, or system
development project, you are part of a team of IT craftspeople who take pride
in the work that we do on a daily basis.