PTC is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and career-minded individuals to join our Global Services consulting organization where you will have the opportunity to travel regularly while working with a well-established and growing number of companies in a range of industries. From Aerospace & Defence to High Tech to Industrial Products and even Footwear & Apparel, PTC’s customer base is as far reaching as the products you use every day.
PTC offers a challenging, fast-paced environment where you will work with many of the world’s largest companies leveraging our industry-leading technologies. As a member of the PTC Global Services consulting team, you will have substantial opportunity to grow and advance your career along consulting, technical, management, or related paths through comprehensive training programs and project experience.
A PLM Technical Architect:
• Leads the consulting team in planning, analysis, development and testing of the applications to ensure they meet client expectations.
• Investigates the current business processes to identify problems, complexities, non-value-added steps, and -inefficiencies that could be improved.
• Supports the development of written specifications (e.g. System Description Documents and Use Case Documents) to capture business process requirements for PTC solutions.
• Assigns tasks to project members and reviews the team’s work products to ensure that they are accurate and consistent. Supervises and manages project teams as appropriate.
• Motivates the team. Leads the analysis and documentation of customer requirements and contributes to the design and delivery of the Solution(s).
• Maps customer processes to the technology through a solid understanding of both PTC’s software capabilities and the designed usage of the software.
• Leads the creation of project deliverables, spanning from process to system design elements.
• Engages customers at the functional manager levels and across functional groups to drive alignment and execution.
• Leads customer teams to optimize ways in which information technology supports defined working practices.
• Works with and provides direction to account delivery and business development teams on project status.
• Develops and nurtures multi-level relationships with customers and cross-functional colleagues. Supports case study development and provides lessons learned feedback.
• Delivers on-site customer training as appropriate.
• Contributes to PTC’s intellectual property and assets through research, documentation of leading practices, example work products, methods development and sales collateral.
• Promotes the corporate mission, vision and values in order to maintain quality, professionalism and team spirit among all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
• Professionally interact and nurture relationships with customers and cross-functional colleagues.
• Clearly demonstrate an ability to work without immediate supervision.
• Understand enterprise architecture environments.
• Work with on-shore and off-shore development teams.
• Mentor and support the professional development of consultants and any other duties as assigned.
• Participate in the creation of written specifications (such as design or test documents) related to the deployment of PTC products, including Windchill and its components.
• Demonstrate software development skills in Java, JSP, SQL, Info*Engine, and HTML Display expertise with Software Modeling Technology.
• Display expertise with Integrated Development Environments (Symantec Visual Cafe’ or Eclipse preferred.
Preferred but not required:
• Has development skills in Windchill and FlexPLM
• Has the ability to understand technical configurations and customizations leveraging PTC products such as (FlexPLM & Windchill-based technologies.
Education and other requirements:
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years of Product Lifecycle Management experience on industry projects
• Bachelors Degree 5 years of Product Lifecycle Management experience on industry projects.
Availability for a consistently high rate (75%) of overnight travel.
PTC - The Product Development Company - 18 months ago