$14/hr – flexible schedule required |
The Tier 1 Support Technician is responsible for providing distinctive customer service experience to customers. In this role the individual is empowered to facilitate customer inquiries at the first point of contact using tools and training provided. Through effective diagnosing of computer systems the individual will present customers with solutions.
- Provide remote technical support to customers
- Acknowledge, evaluate and appropriately handle incoming calls and emails
- Identify technical issues by thoroughly examining systems using diagnostic tools
- Respond promptly to scheduled service appointments and on demand support requests
- Take ownership of customer issues and achieve resolution
- Advise customer of software and hardware options and best practices, offer add-on sales to products and services when appropriate
- Attend training to improve service and learn new products and procedures
- Consistently meet productivity goals
- Other duties as assigned by management
Competencies / Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of personal computer hardware, Windows OS, application support, peripherals, and networking.
- Must be well versed in resolving all common computer problems including viruses, spyware, slow performance, errors, email client set-up, software installation and configuration, wireless networks, and peripheral problems.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a manner for non-technical individuals can understand
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service through verbal and written medium
- Highly motivated and able to work independently. Take ownership for problems and follow through to resolution.
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years minimum desktop or call center support for all of the standard windows based systems. Previous technical support experience with Mac OS based systems a bonus
- Certification(s) including but not limited to: A+, MCP, CCNA, MCSE, CCNP, Net+. Candidates without certification or failing to provide supporting documentation from accredited institute will not be considered for this position.
Home Office Requirements:
- High Speed Internet access
- Dedicated Windows based computer with XP and IE7 a must
- Quiet and private workspace
- Dedicated phone line – No VOIP
- Individuals currently using Brighthouse as a service provider cannot be considered due to system incompatibility
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago