Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Technical Communicator. Technical Communicators provide technical support to others which will enable them to be more efficient in problem resolution, trouble shooting, and engine and power systems repairs. This position is a liaison and solves critical product problems through diagnosis/repair, personal knowledge, experience and engineering data. This position is critical to internal and external customer satisfaction and increased uptime.
- Answer technical requests and inquiries to resolve product problems through diagnosis, personal knowledge and expertise, research, manufacturing contacts and engineering data.
- Recognize document and report product issues and assist in determining root causes that significantly affect customer satisfaction, productivity and/or operations.
- Support our service technicians; parts counter associates and Product Support Representatives in answering technical inquiries and requests.
- Work one-on-one to trouble shoot systems and determine problem root cause.
- Document and communicate major product problems and quality issues to the factory.
- Work with sales and product support to resolve technical and application issues.
- Disseminate technical information to appropriate contacts within the company. Share resources and techniques for acquiring information with others so they are able to retrieve appropriate information as required.
- Participate in the product problem resolution process by identifying major product issues that significantly impact the company and our customers, documenting, summarizing and prioritizing these product problems to the factory and tracking product problems through to final resolution.
- Assess and provide input to service management on service equipment, tooling, procedural, and technician training needs.
- Accurate, timely and complete product problem troubleshooting, diagnosis, failure analysis process.
- Effectively participates as part of team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Occasionally required to work in the field.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engine and power systems technician experience or equivalent experience and demonstrated knowledge.
- Product specific, electronics, engines, electronic controls, generator sets, switch gear, ATS and UPS, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and failure analysis knowledge.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online.
It is the policy of Milton CAT to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap or veteran’s status; and to base all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity.
Across the board, the people at Milton CAT are dedicated to proactive sales, responsive product support, and focused customer service. We...