Express is a specialty apparel and accessories retailer of women's and men's merchandise, targeting the 20 to 30 year old customer. The Company has over 30 years of experience offering a distinct combination of fashion and quality for multiple lifestyle occasions at an attractive value addressing fashion needs across work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. The Company currently operates over 600 retail stores, located primarily in high-traffic shopping malls, lifestyle centers, and street locations across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, and also distributes its products through the Company's e-commerce website, www.express.com .
We have a Technical Consultant role within our IT organization to drive full lifecycle initiatives involving multiple Merchandise Planning, Assortment Planning & Allocation solutions. The right candidate will bring extensive experience with design and configuration in a large enterprise environment. This position will perform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on end-to-end project initiatives involving Allocation (AL), Merchandising Planning (EP) and Assortment Planning applications. In order to be considered, this person must have hands-on JDA implementation experience within the last three (3) years.
This successful candidate will be recognized as a technical expert within the department and organization around JDA solutions: Enterprise Planning (EP), Performance Analysis, Allocation, Size Scaling, and Channel Clustering. This individual will have the ability to demonstrate a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. The candidate will be a key member of the project team to support the new technologies.
• Participate in business requirement gathering meetings with business users to understand all aspects of the business (functionality, processes, technologies); determine feasibility of requests; identify best approach to provide technology solutions to meet business needs; provide detailed estimations (time, cost, resources); and then translate into technical specifications.
• Complete full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) from design, technical specifications, development, testing and implementation. This includes strong integration with other systems. Must be able to provide recommendations for enterprise architecture.
• Provide support and troubleshooting for all related systems and technologies. This includes being a point of contact for business users. Requires strong problem solving and communication skills to interpret issues and provide resolution. Must be able to coordinate with vendor for escalation of support related issues.
• Understanding the data requirements for the implementations and support of Enterprise Planning, Performance Analysis, Allocation, Size Scaling, and Channel Clustering.
• Technical documentation of the data flows between a host system (IP) and different modules.
• Design, program, and test the interfaces between tables and the host system (IP).
• Define the technical environment in which the different applications will be established, including LAN set up and directory organization.
• Work with external consultants to load software, configure user PCs, and develop the production environment that will be put into place once applications are rolled out.
• Support the system testing phase of the implementation.
• Documentation of the overall system from a technical standpoint.
• Work with external consultants through initial implementation in developing functional and technical specifications, analysis of user needs, and testing plans.
• Attends meetings that identify functional specifications for modifications, interfaces, reports and screens to ensure solid design that meets business requirements.
• Ability to determine feasibility of business requests, estimate timelines and resources needed, and assist project manager with project planning.
• Translate functional specifications into technical specifications to provide low level details for development lifecycle.
• Experience determining best practices based on industry standards and lessons learned.
• Work with external consultant team through knowledge transfer to understand set up, configurations and design in order to provide on-going enhancements and support.
• Responsibility for the application side of interface to ensure data and fields are populated correctly.
• Creates and updates system documentation throughout projects.
• Develop and execute test scripts to ensure JDA software aligns with business requirements and provides desired functionality.
• Strong understanding of database structures, data models, PL/SQL scripts, data querying, and data validation.
• Solid technical aptitude to understand system integration and productionisation.
• Experience working with .NET Framework v2.0 or above.
• Experience in developing systems that utilize Oracle 11g, Oracle 12g and SQL.
• Experience with one or more of the following JDA applications: Enterprise Planning (EP), Performance Analysis, Allocation, Size Scaling, and Channel Clustering.
• Experience with any of the following operating systems: HP UNIX, AIX, Linux and Windows.
• Understand the business purpose and roles of the Planning and Allocation teams in a retail corporate environment.
• Four year degree in Information Systems or an equivalent combination of course work and job experience.
• 4-7 years of systems analysis and programming experience; minimum three years of project design activities.
An equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Express - 2 years ago