The position of Technical Development Engineer (TDE) will be responsible for design engineering, material selection, processing, customer based training, and project selection and management.
(1) Support in new business development activities, business growth at multiple key polymer processing accounts and automotive specification centers, required 50-60% travel (the preferred working location is the Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia area).
(2) Interface directly with customers at all levels of management, engineering, tool-making, sales, design, and planning as well as all individuals on the processing floor.
(3) Possess sales, technical and analytical skills and proficient in the use of process oriented tools associated with Kaizen, 6 Sigma, Lean, FMEA, basic design principles, plant layout and design, molding equipment and auxiliary equipment, as well as quality support equipment.
(4) Provide design assistance and evaluation, mold design reviews, material selection recommendations, process evaluation, secondary operations review and suggestions, along with process optimization, processing support, and issue resolution.
(5) Self-starter driving sales/support of a wide variety of SABIC Innovative Plastics products at key automotive OEM’s and tier suppliers.
(6) Ability to collaborate with sales and marketing to develop new opportunities, translates successes, and expands SABIC Innovative Plastics opportunities at new and existing customers.
(7) Lead in the development of new products, supporting new and existing processes, and driving growth through technical knowledge, expertise, and professional competence.
(8) Strong emphasis on supporting the sales and marketing efforts that are directed at identifying key growth opportunities in the territory by applying principles of strategic account leadership at the technical level.
(9) Balancing the needs for technical support and knowledge while focusing on the growth needs of SABIC Innovative Plastics.
Strong technical background, with a minimum of 5 years of plastics technical experience.
Demonstrate the ability to directly interface with Automotive OEM’s, molder support teams, industrial designers, toolmakers and use of process-oriented tools.
Ability to lead, direct, guide, plan and develop new projects and programs.
Experience in managing OEM design and tooling programs is highly desirable.
BS required – (engineering or chemistry degree).
Excellent computer skills with experience in using MS Office Suite tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
Presentation skills and demonstrated experience in presenting to groups at both OEMs and internal customers are required.
Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
Must have unrestricted authorization to work and travel in the United States and Canada. This position requires extensive travel by car and air.
- You must submit your application for employment through www.sabic-ip.com to be considered
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 22 months ago