ARCADIS is seeking an experienced National Technical Expert externally recognized in the marketplace as an expert in sediments, surface water, aquatic/marine, natural resource, coastal restoration, and/or ecological sciences. Candidate will work as a part of the Technical Knowledge and Innovation group.
Role involves leading and/or working in dynamic teams, and candidate should have an established track record of inspiring enthusiasm in others and encouraging others to successfully achieve goals and objectives. This person will serve as an internal expert for a significant area of knowledge, and in this capacity will represent the company to internal and external clients. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professional skills & problem solving skills are thus considered as critical core capabilities. The role additionally includes formulation of strategies and approaches to clarify and achieve the vision and objectives of the business, development of projects and solutions, and leading teams to implement solutions. A significant aspect of this role involves growth of our national practice, including diversifying our portfolio of work, with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary and cross-divisional pursuits across public and private clients. Responsibilities will be divided between client development, technical knowledge and innovation, and operational project/program implementation. Time allocation will be divided roughly as follows to address the listed specific areas with a focus on our SWG and SEC national practices:
Client Development (30%):
- Drive growth & evolution of our Ports business
- Drive growth & evolution of our Federal business
- Drive growth & evolution of our Private Sector business (e.g., Boeing)
Technical Knowledge & Innovation (20%):
- Evolution of our national technical disciplines, technical differentiators, and services.
- Internal and external knowledge sharing, technical communications and associated branding.
- Mentoring, staff development, staff retention, and recruiting of key technical staff.
Operational Project/Program Implementation (50%):
- Serve as senior technical and strategic leader on ongoing and new projects.
Minimum Years of Experience
18 years of experience in environmental consulting specifically working on environmental issues related to sediments and surface water
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Science related field
Professional Engineer-State Issued- preferred
- In-depth understanding of a variety of applicable regulatory frameworks (e.g., RCRA, CERCLA, NEPA, CWA, state regulatory requirements
- Expertise in sediments, surface water, aquatic/marine, natural resource, and/or ecological risk assessment
- Experience mentoring and teaching a team
20+ years of experience
ARCADIS - 7 months ago
ARCADIS US is the US arm of Netherlands-based environmental and engineering services company ARCADIS. The company provides consulting,...