MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide general and advanced training, and act as training consultant within technical areas for such function as Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, etc. Instruct classes, develop course curricula, prepare related training material, conduct research on subject matter at a level where no previous consolidated material, practice or training may exist and where only the general nature of the subject matter is known. Assist in the technical development of lower level instructors, and in course development.
Can be called upon to assist as a Project Engineer:
- Instruct Concurrent employee and customers in a range of advanced areas, pertaining to product technology, applications, and Engineering/technical disciplines, including the development of course outline, student evaluation exams, lab exercises and study guides.
- Define course objectives, knowledge & experience prerequisites, scheduling requirements and most appropriate media and training aids.
- Consult directly with Engineering and Service staff on most highly advanced technical matters, utilizing strong hands-on knowledge of Concurrent product technology to create effective and stimulating lessons plans.
- Produce original supporting documentation to function as research, reference material, and self-instruction aids for employee and customer based courses, where the subject matter may, or may not have previously existed and where only general information is available.
- Partner with the service team in developing ways to generate additional revenue thru training programs.
Ability to take a Proof of Concept solution from a customer and work thru its initial implementation from start to finish.
- Performs site survey and defines site installation
- Defines turn-up plan and site-specific plan
- Maintains strong knowledge of products, internal and external resource capability and availability
- Coordinates activities with the Program Manager on developing project plans
- Interfaces with development/engineering when necessary to insure successful system integration and launch
- Develops technical presentations when required and assists in system start-up and support as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree in related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience plus proficiency in a specific technical area.
5 years prior technical training experience in related field.
Ability to travel up to 40%.
Concurrent - 23 months ago
Concurrent Computer Corporation is a provider of computing technologies and software applications, and related services for the...