Summer position with career-related activities encountered in a student's area of specialization, under supervision of the hiring manager. This position will provide mentoring and practical hands-on experience and assist the intern with achieving deliverables related to the wind generation industry. To be considered for this position the applicant must actively be enrolled in a Wind Technician program at a college.
1. Under direct supervision, perform regular preventative maintenance and repair activities on wind turbine generators including lubrication, gear-box tear-downs.
2. Perform electronic and mechanical troubleshooting activities as required.
3. Attend regular safety meetings and follow appropriate company safety and environmental policies.
4. Operate, maintain, and manage utility truck and tool inventory.
5. Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 100 feet from the ground surface.
6. Call Outs, Overtime and some travel required.
Entry into this position requires successful completion of a post-job offer, pre-placement functional capacity evaluation.
Living, transportation arrangements and associated costs are the sole responsibility of the intern.
Must be actively enrolled on a full-time basis in a two-year technician program, or equivalent, with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
Must have a valid driver's license.
High School Grad / GED: Yes;
NextEra Energy, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job