Job Description Conversion
Location: Boulder, CO
This is a temporary full time position during Summer 2013.
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a ten week summer program that provides candidates with:
- Practical experience on relevant aerospace and telecommunication projects while working with designated mentors
- A competitive salary
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment
- Possible future employment
- Housing assistance
- Relocation reimbursement
- In-house training
- Group activities
There are many recreational opportunities along the Colorado Front Range. Our state is famous for its skiing, hiking, biking, mountain climbing and beautiful scenery. We are also just 30 minutes from Denver, with access to all of the amenities that the mile high city has to offer.
Over the course of a summer session, students are encouraged to participate in social and recreational activities, many of which are organized by the college relations department. Mentors and department co-workers enjoy spending time with students at many of the activities.
What You Will Do:
· Translate ITS project requirements into a universal modeling language
· Perform verification and validation testing of software functions prior to deploying
· Interact with key individuals from several departments to collect specific data access needs for each area
· Create data sharing sites in SharePoint that meet the needs of each department
· Organize specific data elements within each of the SharePoint sites
· Create links from/to the data elements for each department
What You Will Need:
· Completion of your Junior year of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Enrollment in an undergraduate program for Fall 2013.
NOTE: You are welcome to apply for more than one type of internship (for example, Software Engineering and Electrical Engineering), however, we recommend only applying to one of these levels when submitting your resume:
Intern I = Between Sophomore and Junior year
Intern II = Between Junior and Senior year
Intern III = Has Completed at least one semester of Senior Year, but has not yet graduated
Intern IV = After Bachelor's Degree, starting or continuing graduate school
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ball Aerospace - 17 months ago