Technical Leads provide oversight and leadership to technology-driven healthcare projects. Effective technical leaders can combine the specialized technical knowledge needed to guide and shape the work with the supervisory abilities needed to manage and develop a team of rising stars. They are responsible for leading design, implementation, and deployment of our healthcare technology solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
Technical Leads are involved in full life-cycle projects and should be able to:
- Scope, estimate, and develop plans for both prospective and in-flight projects
- Plan and implement a successful software development lifecycle
- Lead a team of engineers and analysts toward a shared set of project objectives
- Mentor junior team members, developing their capabilities and confidence
- Manage quality control in the form of effective internal and client-facing review cycles for all intermediate and final work products
- Identify advantages and tradeoffs of varying design decisions and provide recommendations to the team and to our clients
- Translate business goals into technical requirements, specifications, and designs
- Interpret large volumes of data and provide analysis to customers
- Identify and manage issues and risks on a complex project, escalating when appropriate
- Communicate status effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform technical work as needed to support the efforts of their team
Compensation & Benefits
- 2-5 years of professional experience as a technology leader, with prior experience managing and mentoring teams and individual resources
- Strong experience with relational databases, data modeling/warehousing, and SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools – Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with web or enterprise application design and development
- Experience with formal project management or software development methodologies
- Previous healthcare or technology consulting experience strongly preferred
- A technical and functional understanding of EHRs, claims systems, or other healthcare information technology platforms is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Computer science, engineering, or hard science degree preferred
- Our typical project requires 50% – 80% travel. A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle are required since a majority of projects also require local travel.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered. No calls please.
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonus plan based on individual and company performance
- 4 weeks paid time off per year, in addition to 10 annual company holidays
- 401k plan with company matching funds
- Health, dental and eye care insurance plans partially paid for by company
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance