Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to separate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF FRONT OFFICE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT TRADING APPLICATIONS
The ideal candidate should have 10+ years Core Java development experience delivering applications for multi-user environments. The candidate should have intimate knowledge of Core Java including the event system & threading model to ensure applications deliver responsive user experience under heavy client & server loads. The candidate should be a champion in delivering software in multi-threaded, real-time messaging environment.
The candidate should be detail-oriented, naturally curious, and passionate about solving business problems through high-quality solutions, and be someone who has demonstrated flexibility in meeting the needs of a challenging, fast-paced fixed income portfolio management business environment.
- Activities include but are not limited to: contributing to architectural and design sessions, coding, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, beta testing, bug fixes and documentation.
- Development of reusable, object-oriented frameworks that enable other team members to produce new functionality with minimal coding effort and reduce complexity.
- Troubleshoot production system failures and discrepancies.
- Mentor and train other team members on system design, coding standard, and best practices.
- Design and code systems carefully to ensure high performance, data integrity, and system maintainability.
- Proactive with ability to take minimal direction and work well on independent projects or within a team
- Passion for solving business problems through the use of technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong critical reasoning skills
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Strong work ethics
- Team player
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of Java software development experience in a high performance, high volume transaction environment
- Experience in enterprise-class software architecture design and coding involving multi-threaded messaging systems
- Experience with distributed systems in a service-oriented architecture
- Experience with system communication models such as REST/SOAP, JMS and EJB
- Proven knowledge of design patterns used in both client and server components
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development or other agile software development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Application Server experience such as WebLogic or JBOSS
- Experience with Maven and Ant
- Experience with Continuous Integration build environments
- Fixed Income or Financial services experience a plus
B.S. in computer science or equivalent education required
Advanced degree desired
Location: On-site in Pasadena, CA
Length: 6-12+ months
Terms: Corp - corp or Independent Contractor
No phone calls about this position, please.
No third party recruiters.
Gorilla Logic in unable to host H1b Visas.
Gorilla Logic provides software tools and consulting services that dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of application development...