Ascena Retail Group Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly-owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, and Catherines. The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goal - we make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best!
At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
The Technical Lead Business Intelligence role is to strategically design to assist in the implementation of BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users while partnering to ensure the vision of all brands is kept in mind. The Business Intelligence Specialist is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing. Additional responsibilities include:
- Support existing systems to meet Service Level Agreements and user expectations including user communication, system/job recoveries, system/job performance and documentation.
- Overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assists Project Manager(s) and/or Program Manager(s) in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Manages one or more projects of medium to high complexity.
- More senior role has responsibility for large, complex, cross-functional or multiple projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
- Adhere to and insure compliance security, standards and controls are integrated into each system including Sarbanes, PCI and general audit computer controls.
- Extensive knowledge of Micro strategy is highly desirable
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces using dashboards.
- Partner with the team in New Albany, OH in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure it follows with the BI solutions across all brands.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization's business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.