We are in the midst of a work revolution – quality work is moving online. And Elance is where the jobs are going. We’re building the infrastructure that capture clients and freelancers’ preferences and requirements, matching jobs with the best freelancers available, and maximizing the chance of great outcomes. And that’s where you come in.
In this role, you will:
To win in this role, you need:
- Set the vision and contribute to the innovation and technical direction for Frontend architecture and features
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams to architect and develop high-performance, scalable and flexible front-end UI and presentation services on top of highly scalable service oriented architecture
- Work with product and design teams to take mockups, wireframes, and screenshots and turn them into elegant, standards compliant, functional user interfaces with cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and search engine optimization
- Contribute to design and development efforts on all levels of the application stack (with a middle-tier implemented in PHP)
- Own the quality of your features including unit testing, functional testing, and performance
- Lead a group of engineers to develop the next generation of features for Elance
- 5+ years of consumer-facing web front end development experience
- Solid experience working with the LAMP stack and PHP
- Proficient in DOM API and AJAX programming
- Front end debugging experience using tools like Firebug/Chrome dev tools
- Knowledge of latest open standards such as CSS3 and HTML5
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with frameworks like Symfony is a big plus
- Agile development experience through scrum
- Web performance and scalability tuning
- Knowledge of search engine optimization
- Well-versed in principles of RESTful API design
Come work where people say “Happy Monday” and actually mean it (seriously, no joke).
A funny thing happens when your job is putting mile-wide grins on the faces of online freelancers and the businesses who hire them. You start to smile a lot yourself, knowing you’re helping people live the dream and get great work done ASAP.
You see at Elance we’re not just creating a revolutionary place for businesses to find, hire and work with online freelancers. We’re also creating a fun place to work. And to keep the good times going strong we’re always looking for amazing people ready to help the world Work Differently™.
So check out our job openings in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Europe. Then join Elance as we change how the world works, and learn why around here TGIF means “This Gig Is Fantastic.”
Visit us at www.elance.com