You will work as a part of the QA team, catering to both the Product Development and Solutions organizations, designing, developing maintaining, and executing test cases for MetricStream's platform, tools, Solutions / Applications Modules. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality standards are met for all projects. You will be responsible for planning and managing testing activities, creating detailed test plans and performing tests. You will report to the QA Manager.
- Write detailed testing reports and ongoing Quality Assurance documents, providing timely information to project and client teams.
- Interface with the development team, Product Managers and project managers to understand the functionality and processes.
- Ensure that the software meets the specified Functional Specification, Technical Design or Detailed Design Document.
- Use MetricStream's Issue Management system to submit new software defects and analyze and summarize the existing defects
- Guide and mentor the QA team members to develop test cases and adhere to the standard procedures and processes
- Work one on one with Developers To manage and track defect resolution
- Research and stay abreast of new technologies with the goal of understanding platform and browser issues and best practices QA methodologies.
- On occasion review code and validate database schemas.
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions as required.
- Define Exit Criteria for each Testing Cycle.
- Participate in MetricStream CMM Assessment internal activities.
- Provide technical support and share knowledge with the rest of the QA teams.
- Train staffs members on Quality Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Computer Science.
- 6+ years of QA experience.
- Strong exposure to J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL and databases desired.
- Ability to accurately identify software use cases and edge cases
- Ability to troubleshoot software / hardware configuration problems
- Ability to develop a clear and concise testing strategy
- Expert knowledge of web application design and testing
- Knowledge of testing tools is desirable
- Willing to work in Bangalore, India.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
MetricStream Inc. - 2 years ago