We are seeking a talented Web Development Guru to take lead on PHP/MySQL/HTML projects. You will help deliver a range of applications including large, multi-user applications, APIs or Web Services to support games, Facebook applications. mobile applications and smaller microsites. You will be able to troubleshoot applications written by others, problem solve, mentor junior developer and work in improving code and methodologies within the development team.
You will be problem solving at the forefront of web technology and willing to try something new - and make it work.
Skills & Requirements
- Highly proficient (5+ years experience) in coding PHP/MySQL applications with a strong interest in usability, speed, security and function. Knowledge of frameworks and methodologies and coding standards.
- Thorough understanding of HTML/HTML5/CSS, cross browser capabilities and performance, including mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Apache, httpd.conf and ssl etc
- Ability to produce wireframes, functional specifications and other documenation as required for the project.
- Ability to create large-scale applications using caching, database optimisation, web server performance and code optimisation.
- Can create API or Web Services in XML or JSON.
- Experience of social media APIs, including Facebook, Twitter and Google. Ability to build Facebook applications.
- Maintain GIT version control, and to ensure others in the team also maintain a stable version control.
- Clear and effective communication to clients, Project Managers and Team Leads.
We're a digital creative agency with the heart of an indie game developer.
- Experience building mobile applications using Titanium
- Knowledge of WebGL, HTML Sockets, Canvas and all that’s good with HTML5.
- Experience in .NET and IIS
- Ability to use xDebug to performance manage code
- About Soap Creative
We have an all staff BBQ every Friday.
We built our own arcade machine from parts and expect you to partake in regular Street Fighter sessions.
We play pong, NERF it up, ride bikes, play poker and work as a tight unit.
Our 2012 reel:
Some recent websites:
We also make games:
Our studio and culture is geared towards producing great work. We are made up of lean, focused teams of talented interdisciplinary "Soaperheroes" - artists, designers, game and web developers.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile web and mobile projects for a roster of clients including Activision, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Ubisoft, Fox and Warner Bros. Your work will help shape the direction of projects we take on.
Make sure your resume includes links that show off your recent work
No Recruiters thanks
Soap Creative - 18 months ago