As a Technical Lead, you'll guide a team of engineers developing the next generation of personalization capabilities at Elance. You will set the vision and the technical direction for personalization architecture.
If you get excited experimenting and implementing the next generation of personalization algorithms to improve the experience of users, keep reading.
In this role, you will:
To win in this role, you will need:
- Drive the requirements and own experiments throughout their life cycle
- Exhibit strong leadership and communication skills consistently
- Rock at prioritization and execution in a dynamic distributed application development environment
- Be measured by the quality of execution
- Thrive on candidate feedback because it meaningfully improves your work
- Play foosball, or at least pretend to like it
- MS in computer science or equivalent (PhD preferred)
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years Java/J2EE development experience
- 3+ years of experience in building and deploying recommendation systems, personalized relevance, and learning to rank
- Strong background in algorithms, machine learning and data mining with a broad understanding of unsupervised and supervised learning methods
- Experience with traditional data storage platforms and distributed systems such as Hadoop
- Have a strong matching/machine learning/data mining background
- Be a quick learner and have a knack for problem-solving
- Love to jump in to challenging design
Come work where people say "Happy Monday" and actually mean it (seriously, no joke).
A funny thing happens when your job is putting mile-wide grins on the faces of online freelancers and the businesses who hire them. You start to smile a lot yourself, knowing you're helping people live the dream and get great work done ASAP.
You see at Elance we're not just creating a revolutionary place for businesses to find, hire and work with online freelancers. We're also creating a fun place to work. And to keep the good times going strong we're always looking for amazing people ready to help the world work differently.
So check out our job openings in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Europe. Then join Elance as we change how the world works, and learn why around here TGIF means "This Gig Is Fantastic".
Visit us at www.elance.com.
StartUpHire - 10 months ago
Elance is at your service. Formerly a provider of software that businesses used to streamline the way they bought and managed various...