Technical Managers are responsible for plant production and directly supervise the operations, lab, and maintenance teams. The Technical manager maximizes efficiencies of plant operations while optimizing plant run time, troubleshoots and identifies process needs to maintain production levels, is accountable for all plant operations, production goals, and lab; ensures compliance of environmental and health & safety needs of team members.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
- B.S. or B.A. or greater in Engineering, Chemical Engineer preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in an operating processing plant environment such as grain processing, chemical processing or pharmaceutical.
- Additional training in microbiology, team building and Access is helpful.
- Familiar or experience with Microsoft applications, DCS control and DCS historian systems beneficial.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
WHY WORK FOR POET?
We believe POET stands alone as the most seasoned, accomplished and efficient force in biorefining. People like you made that happen.
With the right mix of creativity, hard work and team play, we can make great things happen for a lot of people. For you, there are many rewards:
- Personal fulfillment -- sharpening your own expertise among the brightest, most seasoned in the industry
- The energy that comes with developing an exploding new industry
- Collaborating with colleagues who know how to get the job done right
- Work that makes a real difference for thousands of people in communities across the country
- Work that has significant global impact in both environmental and economic terms
- A chance to make your mark on more than an industry, but a movement
This kind of responsibility may not be for everyone. If you're ready to take it on, we want to hear from you. This much we can guarantee: At POET, every day brings something new. We hope one of them brings us you.
POET offers a competitive benefit program that allows you to select the coverages that best fit your needs. The POET benefit plan includes:
- PPO medical plans
- Prescription drug plan
- Dental plan and Vision plan
- Health Saving's Account
- Flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses
- 401(k) plan
- 529 plan
- Income protection plans (Short- and long-term disability)
- Company paid term life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Supplemental accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Spouse and dependent life insurance plans
- Paid time-off programs
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Tobacco free campus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Team member assistance program
At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. For more than two decades, we have had a relentless focus on developing technologies that make ethanol production more efficient. We strive to produce ethanol and other biorefined products with the smallest possible environmental footprint.
Today, we have a network of 27 plants in seven states with a capacity of more than 1.6 billion gallons of ethanol, 9 billion pounds of high protein animal feed and thousands of pounds of bio-based oils and lubricants. POET provides turnkey development, design, engineering, construction, management and marketing services for our plant network.
POET Engineers and scientists have developed technology and processes through rigorous testing at POETs laboratories and pilot-scale ethanol plant. We have an integrated business model that combines technology development with expertise in construction, operations, risk management and marketing.
As a purpose-driven company, we remain true to our mission to reduce the reliance of the United States on foreign energy, to revitalize global agriculture and to provide a cleaner, affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
Mitchell, SD - A Great Place to Live!
Home to the world famous Corn Palace, Mitchell is a charming, charismatic town. The Corn Palace is decorated with several colors of dried corn and grains creating murals which are changed regularly. This building serves as a major point of interest for Mitchell and is used for several purposes including a basketball arena, trade shows, staged entertainment, and the Shriners Circus. With many events taking place here, there are always new faces in Mitchell. The tourism in this city offers many possibilities for businesses and commerce. In addition to the Corn Palace, the area is also enriched with the beauty of Lake Mitchell, a great recreational area. Although tourism is a big part of Mitchell, the city has very low crime rates making it a safe and secure place to call home. Become part of the community of Mitchell today!
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard