Technical Product Manager
As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country, Quidsi, Inc. & its Affiliates (Quidsi) own and operate Diapers.com (baby care), Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), BeautyBar.com (prestige beauty), Wag.com (pet products), YoYo.com (toys), Casa.com (home), Bookworm.com (children’s books), Afterschool.com (children’s sports and activities), and Vine.com (green products) . We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture, and the experience for our customers. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, the next step is yours. Send us your resume and come join a group of critical thinkers and innovators energized by the passion to explore "what if" (the meaning of Quidsi in Latin). For more information about our company, please go to www.Quidsi.com .
The Quidsi team is seeking a Product Manager to lead the creation, implementation and refinement of a number of strategic technologies that impact the customer experience across the Quidsi family of sites. This role is both technical and business-facing and the successful candidate should be analytical, creative and comfortable writing technical specifications and leading meetings.
You will work with UX, Marketing, Merchandising and Development teams to help create a stellar customer experience through the use of technology and “big data”. Some examples of Product Management initiatives include Personalization, Site Analytics, Ad/Banner Display and Product Reviews.
• Expected to lead the process of making recommendations and setting technical requirements for overall functionality, new initiatives and other enhancements.
• Collaborate and strategize with merchandising, marketing, and user experience/design to create functional specifications and manage the build of the product.
• Responsibility for a suite of Social Commerce capabilities (e.g. facebook, twitter, blogs, reviews) which support the overall web experience.
• Personalization projects on the site to improve the customer experience and raise the average order value.
• Manage site analytics, product reviews and other 3rd-party solutions
• New cutting-edge shopping abilities to expand marketing reach while increasing customer loyalty.
• College degree (preferably Computer Science or Engineering/ Math) and 1 to 2 years experience in web product management, an eCommerce focus would be considered a plus.
• Proven experience communicating with and achieving consistently good results in a development environment where teams are distributed.
• Experience working with databases and strong working knowledge of SQL.
• Ability to translate complex business goals into clearly understandable product specifications
• Strong communication and relationship skills
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment
• Knowledge of Amazon technologies e.g. AWS is considered a plus.
Amazon.com - 9 months ago