Technical Product Manager - Private Cloud-1
Req #: 22955
Category: Product Management
Location(s): US-TX-San Antonio
Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX) is the global leader in hybrid cloud and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Hundreds of thousands of customers look to Rackspace to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms. The company's award-winning Fanatical Support® helps customers successfully architect, deploy, and run their most critical applications. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Rackspace operates data centers on four continents. Rackspace is featured on Fortune's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Overview & Responsibilities
Product Manager – RPC Networking
We are looking for a Product Manager in Product development for our Private Cloud Business unit. As such you will manage execution of tasks on multiple concurrent projects and maintain the technical interfaces between Support, Product Management, Software development and other Engineering and Architecture teams. You will ensure that Rackspace products enable Fanatical Support given the various support models employed by Rackspace. Also, serve as an escalation point for existing products, drive continuous improvement among existing product lines to decrease support workloads and improve process efficiencies.
- Provide strategy and planning support to projects and product lines
- Provide requirements and work closely with Product Development to launch new products
- Able to evaluate technologies and determine where they fit inside Rackspace
- Maintain visibility into vendor roadmaps
- Recommend new and alternate tests and methodologies
- Provides input to PjM on resource negotiations, managing workload and setting schedules
- Technical escalation point for other Product Engineers
- Define innovations to processes and organizations
- Leads and/or mentor other Product Engineers
- Strong as a trainer
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with service providers (hosting and/or data networks)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and understanding of technology impact on financials and business cases
- Expert technical knowledge in multiple areas (IT industry, general technologies, product development, business operations etc.)
- Enterprise networking experience and technology knowledge including Software-defined Networking (SDN) technologies
- Internet security issues and technologies.
- Cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS ecosystems and technologies.
- Cloud business models.
- Experience Cloud Computing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS vendors.
- Excellent creative problem-solving and decision making skills, coupled with a continuously demonstrated ability to take on responsibility and ownership
- Capable of negotiating and executing technical decisions with little or no guidance
- Good understanding of Product development life cycle
- Previous management or leadership experience preferred
- Ability to be an all in one: High Level Architect, Network or System Administrator, Technical Write, Sales Engineer, Device-level Engineer
- Drive priorities to completion and communicates status to customers and leadership.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rackspace is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Already a Racker? Head to our Racker Portal to log in with SSO.
Apply for this job
Refer a friend to this job
Not ready to apply? Connect with us.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?