KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical Effort Management
- The duties and responsibilities of the Electrical Department Manager are for overall management of all aspects of the department. This includes providing administrative and technical direction of the activities in the electrical and instrumentation engineer discipline relating to the execution of projects in the material handling and mining related industries.
- Must be able to provide decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative; guidance and support to department personnel with their daily assignments, coordinate design, and maintain project budgets and schedules.
- Develop and implement department training programs to improve the skill set of the department and to improve the efficiency of the design process. Support Marketing and Estimating Departments in helping with the development of business opportunities.
- Experienced and proficient in low and medium voltage power distribution design for the material handling and process facilities commonly encountered in the industry. This also includes power substation design, power-line design and able to produce designs for power, ground and lighting systems. Have a good understanding of power distribution and motor control practices and a general knowledge of industrial equipment to effectively develop sound designs. Have a basic knowledge of industrial instrumentation and control systems including process variable transmitters and programmable logic controllers.
- The engineering duties also include reviewing vendor equipment drawings, tabulating data, preparing specifications and preparing written reports on engineering related projects. Able to create new solutions or improve existing design solutions, procedures or practices based on accumulated experience and knowledge.
- Tracks and identifies new opportunities to improve methodology and training offerings.
- Responsible for technical content of front-end engineering deliverables within area of expertise.
- Mentors less experienced technical staff.
- Reinforces team approach.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Promotes KBR through industry conferences and involvement in local professional organizations.
- Consistently publishes in technical / trade journals, writes white papers on chosen technical expertise, or speaks at industry events.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Champions change and the implementation of new ideas.
- Adheres to standard policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Maintains lasting client relationships.
- Ensures that KBR consistently delivers superior technical solutions to clients.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Senior Electrical Engineer with 15 plus years of senior level electrical and control system engineering and management experience, Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering. An advanced technical degree is preferred, and a PE License is desirable.
- Demonstrates creativity, adaptive thinking, sound engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex or novel engineering problems.
- Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development
Engineering/Technical - Electrical
USA-UT-Salt Lake City
KBR, Inc. (KBR) is an engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, petrochemicals, government services, industrial...